Author Topic: LVT's  (Read 254 times)

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
LVT's
« on: April 17, 2008, 02:23:07 PM »
Ok maybe this will be moved to the wishlist forum but i've always wondered why lvt's can't spawn in the water like pt's from the land spawn points? Like today with the map the pt's will spawn across a large area of water (5 miles or so) and work the town but lvt's can't. I'm not sure i get the reason they can't do this. Heck if the guys got the time to run one in as slow as they are i say let him go for it. It's no worse IMO than a guy that has the time to fly a bomber for an hour to hq only to dump ords out then bail. I've seen guys run pt's from one base to attack another almost 25 miles away on maps without a spawn point. :O If you got the time i say let em do it. :aok

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: LVT's
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 02:27:27 PM »
PTs were used in a wide area and were used moving island to island. LVTs were not used in such a manner. LVTs were ship launched to go ashore. Therefore a CV with ships must be in the area for an LVT raid.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 02:38:56 PM »
So if i drive an lvt to the edge of the water i can still keep going, with the current map there is a base about 8 miles from mine. If i have the time i should be able to drive there. I don't see the problem with the spawn point being able to be used. They've got the fuel to make it that far if the base is half a sector or so let em do it.  What was the water range of an lvt though is a good question? If it could go 25 miles in water i say what the heck let em do it.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 02:46:39 PM »
They just were not used in that fashion.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)