Author Topic: S.A.P.P. Declassified Files: Sneak Peak at new AH Wiki  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Redlegs

• Silver Member
Re: S.A.P.P. Declassified Files: Sneak Peak at new AH Wiki
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2008, 06:07:09 PM »
It was created by HiTech Creations and S.A.P.P. and released on May 8, 2000. This day will be forever known as "May 8th, 2000".

:rofl :rofl Best part of the wiki. :rofl :rofl
Resident Arizona Cardinals/Cincinnati Reds fan

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2008, 06:26:08 AM »
It was created by HiTech Creations and S.A.P.P. and released on May 8, 2000. This day will be forever known as "May 8th, 2000".
:rofl :rofl Best part of the wiki. :rofl :rofl

Yeah, I have to agree, that was the best line in the Wiki.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2008, 01:09:22 PM »
"Aces High is a combat flight simulator and massively multiplayer online game for the PC. It was created by HiTech Creations and SQUEAKERS and released on May 8, 2000. This day will be forever known as "May 8th, 2000".p"

Huh?

Lol

For those who desire fuller immersion into on-line WWII combat, there are special events, which are mostly dominated by P-38 SQUEAKER pilots

rofl :rofl

After SQUEAKERS successful Anti-Squadron measure which resulted in the online arenas being split up, SQUEAKERS decided to capitalize on their success and ordered HiTech to close down the H2H arenas indefinitely on 8/27/2007. This night is now famously referred to as the "Night of a 1000 Broken Glasses" due to the collective high pitched whines of the H2H SAPP (Secret Association of Pixel Puffers) population that resulted in glassware for miles being shattered. 

I'd have to say these were to me....
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2008, 01:48:06 PM »
I'd have to say these were to me....

Personally, I like how I wrote it better.

ack-ack

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2008, 07:07:44 AM »
Well, did Brooke every find out that this wasn't the actual AH wiki page that SAPP played with?

Are his/her panties unbunched?

Did he ever find his/her sense of humour?

Will Mark and Jenny finally kiss?

Next week on ...As Aces High Turns?
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2008, 08:03:28 AM »
Well, did Brooke every find out that this wasn't the actual AH wiki page that SAPP played with?

:rofl

. . . or HT Angels.... he sends the three angels text messages (instead of a conference call) and the first half hour of the 1 hour show they spend deciphering the spelling....
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 08:05:33 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2008, 12:44:39 PM »
:rofl

. . . or HT Angels.... he sends the three angels text messages (instead of a conference call) and the first half hour of the 1 hour show they spend deciphering the spelling....

LOL! 

ack-ack

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2008, 02:43:05 PM »

Yes, it was the English-language world-wide Wiki, not the AH-only Wiki -- I wasn't ever confused about that.  I contribute from time to time to various articles on the world-wide Wiki.  I'll do the same on the AH Wiki when it's up, but I won't get confused on which is which.

My issue isn't with humor.  My issue is when people mess up something I work on and cause me extra work to deal with it.  If I knew people would go clean it back up in a couple of days, I wouldn't have gotten as angry (althogh there is fallout work as explained below) -- but there was no way for me to know that.  In fact since almost never do people who mess things up go back to clean up, there was no other reasonable assumption to make.

For example, let's say I go spraypaint stuff on your garage door.  Could be some humorous phrasing, some true literary gems and maybe a rude graphical depiction or two (always good for a laugh), but I'd bet you'd assume that you'd have to get your butt out there to repaint the door yourself.  Likely, you'd be peeved at having to do that.  Of course, I could come back in after you repainted it and say, "Hey, don't be miffed.  I was going to come back and fix it if you hadn't beaten me to it.  Also, did you figure out yet that it was your garage door and not the welcome mat out back?"  Then your wife notices that the garage door is now a slightly different color, decides that the house shutters no longer match the garage, and pulls the shutters down for you to repaint and to remount.

Anyway, I'm over it, but the fallout is that moderators are now in there (attracted at times when there are editing wars over pages), noticing that some of the images are not correctly annotated for source, and yanking the images out of the page.  So, I'll go in, try to establish correct annotation to the old pictures or add pictures that I can annotate myself (as they are my images), or whatever, to get the page to be decent looking again.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2008, 03:05:51 PM »
Hmm I can see your point..... however your comparison is way off as no physical property has been damaged. Here in Texas you can shoot someone spray painting your property at night.... if the dog doesn't get him first. If you change an unsecured site... well.....

As I was telling Skuzzy in another thread, I never use wiki (was meaning wikipedia) as the couple of times I have been there much of the info was incorrect or suspect. In searches I pass any wikipedia links. H e said that would not be the case here for AH, so we'll see.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2008, 03:44:33 PM »
Great reply Brooke.  Had nothing to do with what I was talking about, but the analogy rocked.

SAPP inspired wiki entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aces_High_%28computer_game%29

HTC "official" wiki entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aces_High_%28video_game%29

If you were to search for "Aces High" in wikipedia then the second "official" entry is presented.

But it would appear now that someone has tattled, they both point to the same entry.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 03:46:24 PM by Yknurd »
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2008, 03:57:25 PM »
Hmm I can see your point..... however your comparison is way off as no physical property has been damaged. Here in Texas you can shoot someone spray painting your property at night.... if the dog doesn't get him first. If you change an unsecured site... well.....

As I was telling Skuzzy in another thread, I never use wiki (was meaning wikipedia) as the couple of times I have been there much of the info was incorrect or suspect. In searches I pass any wikipedia links. H e said that would not be the case here for AH, so we'll see.

The comparison seems apt.  If I have to invest my time as drudgery (whether it is 30 minutes of work on physical property or 30 minutes of work on non-physical property, and regardless of whether you value the property or not), it's all equally annoying to me.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2008, 04:02:11 PM »
Great reply Brooke.  Had nothing to do with what I was talking about, but the analogy rocked.

SAPP inspired wiki entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aces_High_%28computer_game%29

HTC "official" wiki entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aces_High_%28video_game%29

If you were to search for "Aces High" in wikipedia then the second "official" entry is presented.

But it would appear now that someone has tattled, they both point to the same entry.

Thanks, Yknurd!  (Now I'll be off to paint and remount the shutters. :) )