Author Topic: Semi-annual Corsair Wishlist  (Read 275 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Semi-annual Corsair Wishlist
« on: May 06, 2008, 08:43:25 PM »
It's about that time to bring up a number of requested fixes/tweaks for the Corsairs I've been making for a while now

1. Enlarged the gunsight! Do I need to break out my math and wingspan arguments again? The gunsights in the bubble-top F4Us should be about twice the size they are now. The bottom of the sight should come down to the top of the cowl in default head position.

2. Option to remove the tail hook and wing-folding mechanism in the F4U-1A when launching from a land base. This was done in the factory for many aircraft deployed to USMC units (FAR more than the number of 3-gun La-7s!) so would not fall under the category of a field mod. Yes, I know the wings don't fold in-game, but the weight of them is included.

3. Tiny Tims!

4. Addition of the centerline pylon for the F4U-1D, with options for a 250, 500, 1000 or 2000lb bomb, or a 150gal drop tank
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Rosscoe1

• Zinc Member
Re: Semi-annual Corsair Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 09:52:44 PM »
woot woot for hog dweebs!!! :rock oah and... completley agreed
In game name: 613Rosco
613th SOS Pariah
Been on Aces High for 3 years now.
Disclaimer on posts: Most will be pointless disregard if you wish.