Author Topic: Dynamics  (Read 155 times)

Offline Razz

• Zinc Member
Dynamics
« on: November 30, 1999, 10:31:00 PM »
The dynamics are off.  Why cant we hard bank right or left without blacking out or stalling.  

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Dynamics
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 1999, 02:56:00 AM »
Blacking out from banking?  I've never had that happen in AH, flying the la5.
ingame: Raz

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
Dynamics
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 1999, 04:46:00 AM »
Yeah, and when I drop the flaps the plane slows down? What's up with that?

Offline Curly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
Dynamics
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 1999, 08:30:00 AM »

Razz, I think what you are looking for is
here:

http:www.descent3.net

How the heck you ended up in here I have not a clue.
 But should you ever see me online and manage to get airborne give a holler!

<readies seal club>

Offline Razz

• Zinc Member
Dynamics
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 1999, 12:16:00 PM »
I cant believe what amazinhunks there are in here.  I stated simply that I think that when you bank hard you blackout too easily.  I make one comment and 2 idiots that think they know it all make amazinhunk comments.  Oh well I guess theres gotta be punks everywhere you go and you guys take the cake on that one.

Offline Birdo

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
      • http://wildaces.org
Dynamics
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 1999, 12:21:00 PM »
Actually I think Razz is right, my squadron and I agree that AH makes blackouts too common.  Yes pilots blacked out from pulling Gs and hard banks, but not at the rate we do in AH.  Dont pay attention to the salamanders in the game Razz, there are just too many know it alls that really know nothing.

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Dynamics
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 1999, 12:50:00 PM »
Razz;

Not sure that I understood what you meant in your post myself.

You stall when you IAS gets to low in relation to your AoA.  Stalls can occur at high or low speeds, it is the relationship of IAS to AoA that causes stalls.  

In essence, the airfoil can not fly in the direction you have pointed it.  An area on the wing could stall or the entire wing surface might stall.  If your departure is great enough it can not fly at all, resulting in a "Spin out".

You CAN'T Black Out from a bank.  You CAN  ONLY Black Out from pulling high G's.

Black Out usually occurs around 5.5G's.  Lighten up on your G loading and you will not Black Out or you will get only the "Black Tunnel Hole Vision".

Tweaking your joystick calibration will help tremendously with controlling Stalls and Black outs.  It really gets quite fun to "Fly on the Edge".  I suggest that you dive into earlier posts, for calibration advice.

Personally, I like how Black Outs and Stalls are modeled in AH.  It gives me the feeling of being there.  But sadly, I have no clue as to how they might actually occur in real life.

I also had much difficulty with this at first.  Hope this helps.      

Mino

[This message has been edited by Minotaur (edited 12-01-1999).]

Offline Razz

• Zinc Member
Dynamics
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 1999, 01:12:00 PM »
Mino thanks alot thats exactly what I was wanting to know.  I should have been more specific but I was in a rush to go to classes and I was anxios to get a reply, unfortunately Curly had no idea what I was talking about and decided to be a dick.  But anyway Mino your post was exactly what I wanted to know thanks for your time.

Razz

nath77

Dynamics
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 1999, 01:17:00 PM »
There seems to be a Curly everywhere so dont take it personally Razz.  For every Curly there is another person who actually isnt a jerk.  Anyway Mino you helped me out too because I was wondering the same thing.

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Dynamics
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 1999, 02:02:00 PM »
Razz / Nath77;

All Curly did was make a "Smart Alec" remark, seeing much the same post in many different forms.  I believe that Curly's intention was completed as he desired it to be completed.

You now have a perspective and understanding to your posts.  

Good Luck, I hope to shoot you down!  

Mino