Author Topic: trackir problems  (Read 693 times)

Offline SkiMan

• Copper Member
Re: trackir problems
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 12:02:17 AM »
To hopefully add to the already helpful advice,

-If you're going to use the Track Clip Pro, you need to move the receiver off to the left a bit so that
it is "centered" on the led's on the clip and not your head, as the conventional setup would have you do.
You can confirm this by  going to the "Tracking" section of the TIR program and watch the 3 dots as you
move your head and make sure that they always stay within the receivers view.

-With the Track Clip Pro, make sure you have the Track clip selected in the profile you are using, or you will get
all sorts of weird movements...and turn off True View, or it will "reverse" your head movements when looking rearward.

-Also, as some have mentioned, I fly without the "Roll" axis, as it introduces too much movement that can be confusing.

-Along with mapping a "Centering" button to my stick, I also mapped the "precision" mode to my stick.  This allows you to
run a much less aggressive profile temporarily...I mainly use it for jabo, but it comes in handy for other things as well.

-As far as the "lap-snap", mine reverts to the default view of forward in the cockpit when the TIR looses reception.  Like
when my head tilts back to drink my beer :D...I dunno if this is something that I setup or not.  I've never had it go to any
other view when it stops tracking.

Hope this helps a little.
<S>

« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 12:05:14 AM by SkiMan »

Formerly Skiman and 613Ski

Currently flying as Pariah