Author Topic: How hard is it?  (Read 408 times)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
How hard is it?
« on: June 22, 2008, 02:01:57 AM »
to accidentally change countries?

Just wondering..

Because yesterday a person.. we shall call.. hmm... "bizquark"  suddenly showed up on our squad channel. and sat there for a good long while, and when he finally answered the question "who are you, why are you on our squad channel?"

he proclaimed that he had accidentally changed countries, and then began swearing profusely at us for being so accusatory.

"F&*K yall, ill come back and kill ya"

"bunch uptight uncleholes"

now, ive only been playing for a year there abouts, so maybe i haven't had the opportunity.,   but it seems kinda weird to accidentally hit O club, hit change country.. well you get the idea.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 02:03:52 AM by Wingnutt »

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
Re: How hard is it?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 02:11:03 AM »
We've had that happen to us. The guy said that his old squad used to use the channel but they aren't around much these days. We just said "sorry mate, we use this channel now but you're welcome to join us". He flew with us for quite a while, calling 6's and fighting with us.

He was good about it.

Your guy could have changed country and been on that channel when you guys weren't on, logged off and then come back that night or something when you guys were on and not realised he was still country Y instead of X.

I do that often and I've ended up other squad's channels. I apologise and tune out, no stress.

Just shoot him down and put him in his place. Guys that chest thump like that and 'come back to kill you' often suck and get so focused on you that they're an easy target for those around you.

Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 02:16:51 AM »
Well, as a matter of course we looked up this guy and sure enough he flew exclusively for the country which we had just taken several bases of, and had a fairly high rank, is a member of a squad from that country etc etc.
after he finished his profane rant and threats he immediately switched back to his country.

He never shot any of us down as he promised through :D

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 02:32:40 AM »
Maybe he just hates you :O.  But why would someone hate Wingnutt, that's crazy talk :D.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 03:22:56 AM »
"bizquark" lets think hard about this, LOL

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 05:13:35 AM »
to accidentally change countries?

Just wondering..

Because yesterday a person.. we shall call.. hmm... "bizquark"  suddenly showed up on our squad channel. and sat there for a good long while, and when he finally answered the question "who are you, why are you on our squad channel?"

he proclaimed that he had accidentally changed countries, and then began swearing profusely at us for being so accusatory.

"F&*K yall, ill come back and kill ya"

"bunch uptight uncleholes"

now, ive only been playing for a year there abouts, so maybe i haven't had the opportunity.,   but it seems kinda weird to accidentally hit O club, hit change country.. well you get the idea.

i assume your talking about Bisquick who flys with SHawks wings of terror. they use vox 169 on rook. and your squad, rolling thunder use the some VOX on bish.  prolly just a simple mistake now i don't know if u guys were A-holes or not to him but no reason to get mad(or post a thread on the BBS). Bish had low numbers at the time and he changed.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 05:27:15 AM »
I have accidentally changed to a country before while switching.  I use the ".country 1/2/3" command.  1, 2, and 3 representing each company.  Sometimes my finger will slip and I will hit 1 instead of 2, or 2 instead of 3, etc.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 06:07:52 AM »
you can allweys use THE squad channel, channel 5 i think? the one with the red text, just tune it to vox, problem solved.

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 06:19:51 AM »
you can allweys use THE squad channel, channel 5 i think? the one with the red text, just tune it to vox, problem solved.
Only until a non-squaddie wants to fly with you, which is a lot of the time.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 07:15:36 AM »
Bizquik....the pilot who can only kill me by ramming me!
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 07:26:55 AM »
Personally, when I find someone on the SAPP channel (which has become more popular lately) I always ask, "Have we met?"

It tends to start open dialog, rather than sounding like an accusation. Doesn't matter anyway, we don't take bases and we'll tell you where we are on 200 if you ask. 'Spies' tend to do get bored fast with us...

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 07:41:55 AM »
Personally, when I find someone on the SAPP channel (which has become more popular lately)

so SAPP does exist?  :noid
Lighten up Francis

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 08:07:32 AM »
Bizquik....the pilot who can only kill me by ramming me!
You think all the WoT's can only kill you by ramming you...you keep thinking that.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com