Author Topic: zoom...  (Read 743 times)

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Re: zoom...
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 04:35:55 PM »
No wonder my aiming must have always sucked. I use the 1024 resolution I believe or its 1280???? For the game and I am playing on a laptop.
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline bobtom

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 05:13:02 PM »
I do not use zoom unless im chasing a runner, or looking at something far off, such as looking for a cv or a distant airplane.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 09:27:26 AM »
Bnz IMO if you can't see if he's right side up at 400 yards then

A your monitor is too small
B your resolution is set too high
C Both!
Gunery is determined on your FE, if you see a single dot, its going to be very hard to hit it. But
if you have a larger monitor, and lower resolution setting, so you see a bigger dot, its going to be a lot easier to hit.

The higher you set your resolution, the better things look, and the smaller the planes get.
What is a single pixel dot at 800 yards in 1600x is 4 or 8 pixels at 800x.
But don't take my word for it, check it out yourself.

Key is to find a balance that you can live with, and still see to shoot.
my res is 1280 by 1024 with high res. with a 19 inch normal monitor seems I have problems described.Ill mess with it a bit..
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 09:30:43 AM »
I use to zoom in like crazy.I no a lot of folks do.. I stopped zooming in for the simple reason i was missing lots of easy shots do to thinking a target was closer than it was..That is a personal problem I no lots of good sticks that use it like a sniper.Good luck :salute
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...