Author Topic: HiTech: Strange things happening.  (Read 171 times)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
HiTech: Strange things happening.
« on: May 03, 2001, 06:34:00 PM »
I took off with Ta-152, climbed to 25k and met couple enemy F6F's at co-alt.
I turned after one of them, went close (About 900 yards) when I saw him warp 2k left of me. I didn't wanna try my luck with warpers so I hit wep and flyed away with +400mph.
Little after that (min or two) I heard couple pings, checked my 6 but as you can expect there were nobody there. I continued my flight when again after one min flight "BlamBlamBlam" and I found myself from tower. I did ask from person who got the kill how did he kill me with invincible plane. He saw me sitting in a air, gears down...

I asked him to check his connection thought I'm not sure if he did it but he got that kill on film (I didn't; Already folder full of films already) and he promised to send that to me. I checked my conn which was straight line in "Net Status" and my ping just after that is here.

So what's the deal when I lose 50 points because that other guy has a crap connection?
As I told my ADSL were just fine.
(I don't wanna speculate if that was intentional or not)

Edit: Fixed link, Still waiting that film.

[This message has been edited by Staga (edited 05-03-2001).]

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2001, 08:39:00 PM »
Long long time ago (fall/winter last year), I was flying a Ju-88 and there was one Ostwind or Panzer (tank anways, i got screenshot of it somewhere still) near my base, just staying there.
I did bomb it with norden at low level with 500kg, it blew right on it and it didnt blow up anywhere..
I made another pass, same thing... then I took some 50kg and carpeted those... same thing.
Then I smartened up enough to look in the message buffer and noticed that I had killed him some times already.

I asked where he is and he said he was near to his own base, even though I saw that tank just 1.5-2k off my base, in the craters of my bombs.
I told him to switch vehicle and when he next time got out, the tank dissapeared.

oddity... (and of course i didnt find anything wrong with connection)

Offline Qnm

• Copper Member
      • http://no-such.net/WORK
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2001, 09:30:00 PM »
Lag right?
This from a recent WWIIOL article:

Cue Badger@intelgamer:
Most of the multiplayer data will be handled server-side, which additionally should limit the possibility of trainers and other cheats. Individual parts of the game such as tracking bullet holes or other things will have a server set aside to track them. The next thing should excite modem users. What you see is what you get. Confused? Well, here is an example. You’re on a DSL line, fighting in a city, and jump around a corner to see a soldier. You raise your gun and fire as he is turning towards you. That soldier, being on a regular modem, hasn’t seen you fire your gun yet, but maybe just raising it to fire. He fires at you and lands his shot. At your time, he is already shot dead, and you have ducked back behind the wall. In his time though, he just clearly shot you. In most games, you would be the victor of this encounter. Not in World War II Online, you would both be dead.

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2001, 09:38:00 PM »
Today I got killed by a Zero in my D9, wehn I was in coming straight at him.
He was giving me the chance to put a nice plantform shot on him bacause he had started a flat,close turn towards me.

And just as I was about to press the fire button, I hear "CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH POOF!!". And goodbye. I see some sheeps around me and yoopla! I'm in the tower.

The guy in the Zero, a guy who I know -He's spanish-, assured me that he had already completed that turn and had done a HO pass on me hitting prolly in my cockpit...

Oh, well  

BTW Staga, losing perkies when you have a lot (I would think you are full of them   ) because lag is annoying...but losing the few ones I have in a Ta152 wich loses a wing in a 4G pullout at 380mph IAS...dude that is really killing. (I dont have perkies because I was back for 1.06 and Dora...I didnt fly 2 months getting stock of perkies like all the rest of you dudes   )

[This message has been edited by R4M (edited 05-03-2001).]

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2001, 04:07:00 AM »
Hmm this one was Spanish too.

Offline janjan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2001, 04:47:00 AM »
Yeah, sometimes it get pretty annoying as the hits are from other persons FE only.

Other nite I was chased by a spitter - I dived a bit a made modest turning same time.

However, wondered why the spitboy continued same path and started shooting 3k back from me going 90 degrees other way.

Well, as you guessed, I started getting hits as the fellow was shooting me where he saw me to be - 3k away.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2001, 08:38:00 AM »
Unfortunately this will sometimes happen.  It has happened to me too once or twice in the past year.  Someone with a crappy connection will see me, gear down, where I was 60 seconds ago in my FE.

I would like to see AH somehow keep the people with REALLY bad connections out of the MA.  Someone dropping 25% of thier packets or having a ping of 2000ms should not be able to get off the ground.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2001, 09:55:00 AM »

Originally posted by Mickey1992:
I would like to see AH somehow keep the people with REALLY bad connections out of the MA.  Someone dropping 25% of thier packets or having a ping of 2000ms should not be able to get off the ground.

I fully agree.
I always check my ping (usually 160-170ms without packetloss from Finland) and I always log off if ping is higher than 300ms because in that case there's always some packet loss too. Good thing is that happens maybe once/twice in a month.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2001, 05:59:00 AM »
Staga - controllable warping has been used to cheat. I've seen it myself and have it on film. Fortuntely, HT doesn't like that kind if thing and he banned the player in question.

I'm not saying this guy was cheating, but it is something to be aware of.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2001, 02:23:00 PM »
Saw a wing fly off from a Lanc yesterday with no one around him.  He was 5.6k going level over field with no active acks.  Don't think he overstressed cause he was level.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2001, 04:33:00 PM »
"I would like to see AH somehow keep the people with REALLY bad connections out of the MA. Someone dropping 25% of thier packets or having a ping of 2000ms should not be able to get off the ground."

Isn't going to happen, and would probably be illegal anyway unless HTC's TOS was greatly changed.   They pay just as much as you do for AH and have every right to play it whenever they want.

J_A_B

Offline kfsone

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.kfs.org/~oliver
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2001, 12:11:00 AM »
once the lanc gets moving, you gotta be gentle with her, chances are you saw a moments lag in which the pilot let go of the stick or tried a sharp turn and boom.

Offline Dawvgrid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2001, 07:28:00 AM »
One thing I dont under how do you warp on
purpose,,,,just curious.