Author Topic: Forward Airfields (moved from General Discussion)  (Read 93 times)

Offline CJ

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/typhoonc77
Forward Airfields (moved from General Discussion)
« on: January 25, 2001, 08:54:00 PM »
Not sure if this will get any responses, but i figured i would try here also.

Is there a way to allow players to create temporary forward airfields? We could have C-47's carry runway mesh material out to a flat area suitable for a temp airport, and drop the cargo.. after maybe 10 minutes and a dozen or so runs, there could be a nice little forward fighter/vehicle airfield for your country.. a limited number could be available for any one time, and they could only allow say, a certian type of fighers, or cargo aircraft to fly out of them. Also they could be invisible on the main map, so as to allow sneak attack waves until the base was eliminated at which point it would be permenantly destroyed. new ones could be built, but only up to a limited number per country.
Anyone interested in this? I just think it would allow a more dynamic aspect to the game, and allow players more control over strategy, and would also affect the enemies strategy since they would have new targets in unexpected locations.

Just a thought

CJ