Author Topic: Saitek Aviator  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Carwash

• Copper Member
Saitek Aviator
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2007, 12:31:41 PM »
I had an AV8R for a while when I first started AH.  It's not a bad stick for the money.  Mine crapped out after a couple of months hard used.  The POV hat pretty much just quit working.  By that time I was hooked and sprung for the full CH setup.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Saitek Aviator
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2007, 03:26:41 PM »
I got a question for fellow Seitek stick owners, I have a Seitek EVO Force Feedback and I always have to re-calibrate my stick every time I log into the game, and if I use the rudder twist alot during a flight I have to re-calibrate it again before my next flight, so does anyone else have this same problem with their Seitek stick?
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Saitek Aviator
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2007, 03:29:13 PM »
I had the Saitek X52, was a good stick; but I had problems w/ it when I used it on my new computer.

I now have CH, not as fancy as the X52 but it works great.  

The AV8R-01 is allright... but the design of the stick & the way it is situated w/ the throttle is chity.
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
Saitek Aviator
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2007, 04:37:13 PM »
Trax1 wrote, "if I use the rudder twist alot during a flight I have to re-calibrate it again before my next flight, so does anyone else have this same problem with their Seitek stick?".

I don't believe I've ever had problems with having to calibrate any of my Saiteks. I believe the only time I've had to recalibrate is when I used a different stick on my laptop when playing the game and then came home and the Saitek had to be recalibrated when I used my desktop.

Seemed like the game thought I was still using the other joystick (a Logitech). I was under the impression the game could handle multiple joysticks without recalibrating since it shows more than one joystick in the joystick calibration program. Maybe it just gets confused when I switch computers?

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Saitek Aviator
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2007, 04:52:33 PM »
See the thing with mine is the Seitek EVO is supposed to calibrate itself, but there must be something wrong with mine because like I said every time I log on to play I have to recalibrate.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Saitek Aviator
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2007, 06:21:46 AM »
Originally posted by windmill
I purchased the Saitek Aviator stick.  It's quite nice, for $40 you can't go wrong.

The mode selector lets you switch between two different set-ups, such as AHII and Combat Flight Sim.

Dang $40... Saitek on the cheap: Aviator:  $19.00, EVO's $14, pedals $79, x52 $69....  from the Saitek refurbished store.

Of the 2 rumble force sticks I purchased from there, the blue light on both didn't work... otherwise they're just peachy.

http://saitekusa.stores.yahoo.net/recprod.html

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Saitek Aviator
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2007, 06:44:19 AM »
Originally posted by trax1
I got a question for fellow Seitek stick owners, I have a Seitek EVO Force Feedback and I always have to re-calibrate my stick every time I log into the game, and if I use the rudder twist alot during a flight I have to re-calibrate it again before my next flight, so does anyone else have this same problem with their Seitek stick?

The problem I used to have was with that round plastic piece at the bottom of the spring, it used to get "sticky" rubbing against the plastic underneath... it refused to rest centered and needed constant adjustment.

Then I lubed it.

Every month, or so, I rub a small dab of Vaseline under the round piece, that "lubes" the plastic parts just enough so it both rests center AND is 100% slippery smooth.