Author Topic: Need to swap CIC duty for this week  (Read 807 times)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Need to swap CIC duty for this week
« on: August 04, 2008, 06:48:55 PM »
Sorry for the short notice guys but I'm away on vacation and have limited access online. I won't be able to handle the command slot because of that. Murphy's law would state the week that my turn came up would be the only one I couldn't do it. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

Drano
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Need to swap CIC duty for this week
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 07:19:54 PM »
Any possible way your XO could handle it?
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Imoutfishing

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 01:01:35 AM »
If we can help we will.  This one will be a tight squeeze given the time frame. 

Sled could bump the CiC duty up a bit & we could take frame three if needed.

MGD

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 07:10:14 AM »
The Nightmares will take Frame 1 Responsibilities.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 07:45:34 AM »
I will be unable to do it this week Drano. The earliest for me would be next week.

Sorry...
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 12:35:14 PM »
Thanks Nef. I really didn't think my turn would come up. Maybe to post the projected CIC rotation somewhere would be a good idea for just such an emergency. I could have swapped sooner if I'd known as my vaca didn't sneak up on me. Meanwhile, I'm just checkin in on a borrowed laptop. Will try to check in on Friday if I can.

The family has more crap to do on vacation than a regular day. That is once I get the sleeping beauties motivating. Dang women. Shoppin here this day, shoppin there next day.They have like--a schedule WTF! Hell, I just wanna go hang on the beach. Its about all I can do to get my drink on for cryin out loud! But it does beat being at work.

Thanks again bro,

<S>

Drano
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 01:12:36 PM »
Thanks Nef. I really didn't think my turn would come up. Maybe to post the projected CIC rotation somewhere would be a good idea for just such an emergency.
<S>
Drano

With 47 Squads, we use an excel spreadsheet to keep track of how many times people have been CiC's.

A few years back it was guaranteed you would see the Duty at least once every 3 months. As newer squads (Squads that have participated in less than three FSOs (9 Full Frames) pass this mark, they become eligible for CIC service.

I guess the good news is that once a good portion of the squads pass this mark, the frequency of having to be CIC will go down. By doing the math real quick you could say that with 11 FSO's a year. 33 (Frames) x 2 (CICs) = 66 Total CICs. That means you can bet that you will at least have one CIC role a year, maybe two. The bad news is, as in your case, is that it might come at an inconvenient time.

I will talk with SLED and all the Admins and see if we can work something out regarding a calendar or list, for the entire year or maybe 6 months.

Offline Imoutfishing

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 01:03:38 AM »
Thanks Nef hell!

I said I would take frame three & thinking I had two weeks to get ready to play the big cheese I didn't read my email until a few hours ago.  I was out pulling crab grass from the lawn when I could have been here getting started.  Seeing the email form Nef "asking" for us to handle frame one was a shock to say the least. 

After all these years in this game I have to admit taking on a challenge like this is what will keep you coming back.  This week's orders may not look pretty but the Allied side will win the day!

MGD

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 07:01:44 AM »
Thanks Nef hell!

I said I would take frame three & thinking I had two weeks to get ready to play the big cheese I didn't read my email until a few hours ago.  I was out pulling crab grass from the lawn when I could have been here getting started.  Seeing the email form Nef "asking" for us to handle frame one was a shock to say the least. 

After all these years in this game I have to admit taking on a challenge like this is what will keep you coming back.  This week's orders may not look pretty but the Allied side will win the day!

MGD

Thanks again MGD, that Crab Grass can wait  :aok

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 07:43:16 AM »

MGD -- to fix the crab grass

1. Grab 5 gallon jug of gas
2. pour over lawn
3. light
4. get the allied orders done.

:P

Thanks MGD for stepping up.  Please assign alll allied squads away from the mongrels please.  We need a "good" FSO as we've been on the short end of the stick for the last few frames.  :lol

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 02:44:50 PM »
Hey, Nef. Don't know if we need a complete schedule or not--I'd think it'd be kinda problematic given all the squads that have come in and those that leave, but for these lag weeks (where we're off a week before starting another event) it would be nice to know at least that far in advance if a turn for CO is coming up. Heck I'd have gotten this situated a week ago if I'd just known. I've known I'd be away this week for months.

Drano
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 02:58:58 PM »
Hey, Nef. Don't know if we need a complete schedule or not--I'd think it'd be kinda problematic given all the squads that have come in and those that leave, but for these lag weeks (where we're off a week before starting another event) it would be nice to know at least that far in advance if a turn for CO is coming up. Heck I'd have gotten this situated a week ago if I'd just known. I've known I'd be away this week for months.

Drano

Good Idea we'll see if we can get that implemented for the next FSO  :aok

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 07:19:08 PM »
Thanks Nef hell!

MGD

I knew we wouldn't be on the same side when it came your turn.  lol 

Have fun, being CiC is a blast.
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 02:17:51 AM »
We will see about giving the Frame 1 CiC's a bit more notice.

But this will only work if they check this BB and/or their E-mail.

Frame 2 and 3 CiC's should be getting plenty of notice as it is.

~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 12:22:28 PM »
Tsk, tsk, tsk .. MGD you know that Sim is supposed to take care of the crab grass in FSO. And trees, and bushes, etc. .... he has gotten good at turning his plane into a lawn mower. ;)
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team