Author Topic: Meanings of Names  (Read 11977 times)

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
Re: Meanings of Names
« Reply #315 on: August 13, 2008, 01:36:42 PM »
JimmyC

was my old (still sometimes used) DJ name (91 till present playing acidhouse & now house music)
& it rolls off the tounge better than James...C... C being the initial of my surname.

Vans , your old names sounds alot less screwy now its explained..get it back
<S> to ya granddad

<S> Jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #316 on: August 13, 2008, 03:29:13 PM »
VERY COOL Vans. :aok  Did the military censors scratch out the info on that last picture?

yes, they did.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline miraj

• Copper Member
« Reply #317 on: August 13, 2008, 03:52:06 PM »

"Who and what I am I hide from the enemy."
Mirage is not thrilled about being an Autobot freedom fighter. Prefers hunting turbofoxes on Cybertron with his high-priced friends. Effective fighter, more effective intelligence gatherer. Electro-disrupter can cast illusions altering his physical placement and appearance for up to 6 minutes. Expert marksman with armor-piercing rocket-dart hunting rifle. Unsure of Autobot Cause... can't be fully trusted.

My favorite Autobot.

Or
BugsBunny "Its a Mirageee!!!"

Offline sNiPeR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #318 on: August 13, 2008, 07:47:21 PM »
Rogentx

I used to have the name Rogent in Delta Force II.....

I had account that my ID was  'Rogent' but due to no money I lost that account and ID

so same name with the x - I guess the x would be short for extreme

As for where I came up with the name Rogent, no clue - just thought it up

what squad were you with in DF2?

Offline Papabear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #319 on: August 13, 2008, 08:11:18 PM »
I needed a new gameID when I came back… I picked “Papabear” because it seems to fit me now. I’m the biggest, the oldest… and I don’t like it when somebody else is sitting in my chair.
Papabear, CO of “Ewes guys” A non-profit, non-sexist, lighthearted group of well wishers diligently dedicated to the preservation of the reputation of the lovely sheep of Aces High.  We are, "The guardians of the flock".

[img]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7633/sheep1xg5.jpg[/i

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #320 on: August 13, 2008, 08:13:19 PM »
Falcon4. I logged onto a server that was having what I thought was FFA furballing. 'Niehls' flags me for Tiger team (I was going by the default 'JoePilot') and at merge I broke low after panic set in when I realized icons (labels) were off and BB started screaming in my ear. I remember I was 'thumb-enabling' the antenna when my plane broke apart (also when I learned about HOTAS).

Niehls on vox: "Oh boy this is going to be one giant *&%^$@ challenge."  He kept it up through squad initiations and it stuck.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #321 on: August 13, 2008, 08:15:33 PM »
the great billyD williams. Colt 45 baby :salute
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #322 on: August 14, 2008, 02:38:45 AM »
It's ironic to be killed by Nirvana, amirite?
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline HighGTrn

• Copper Member
« Reply #323 on: August 14, 2008, 04:48:11 AM »
I had to pick a name that would make up for my horrible ACM, SA and gunnery.  Something that would scare people since my flying abilities obviously did not.  so S1n1ster was a good choice.

Update:  It did not work.
in game call sign: S1n1ster

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #324 on: August 14, 2008, 11:49:04 AM »
kamilyun = chameleon, able to change skin color.

I fly with 5 different shade accounts, switch countries (and squads) often, and spy on NOE missions.  On the forums I have 4 different IDs.  

:noid

This isn't about being a chameleon.  It's about being Sybil, but with real identity issues.   :rofl
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #325 on: August 14, 2008, 11:53:08 AM »
Mines quite simple. I got my name from my grandfather. "VansCrew" was his call sign.

http://www.303rdbg.com/360vangeyten.html

(Image removed from quote.)

He's the one Top left.

You know how sometimes you just want to slap someone's father for being stupid enough to have offspring?   In Van's case, I feel the need to go all the way back to his grandfather.  :rofl
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #326 on: August 14, 2008, 12:05:59 PM »
well Ink is because i collect pens :lol

no i have been Tattooing for 21 years

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #327 on: August 14, 2008, 01:31:01 PM »
I read about, collect, and in the morning have breath like dragons.  Dragon was taken, so I flew as DDragon from tour 50 to 60 something.  Changed to leDragon.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline swoose

• Copper Member
« Reply #328 on: August 14, 2008, 02:33:02 PM »
Van's,
 If you can find a taxi sheet from the bomb group your Grandfather flew with it will have the pilot, airplane number and position in the formation. My Dad's group the 391st bomb group has the planes and their numbers and nose art name listed on a page. I looked at the taxi sheets and could deternine which planes he flew for what mission.  The mission objectives are also listed. Pretty cool stuff.
 Good luck!
 Swoose<S>

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #329 on: August 15, 2008, 04:20:14 AM »
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*