Author Topic: The Mossie  (Read 1057 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: The Mossie
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 04:32:41 PM »
They certainly do not.  So far as I am aware, no Mosquito mark had counter rotating props, certainly no wartime mark.

I don't advocate using the mouse cursor as a gunsight, but I do raise myself up to see better at times.  I always use the gunsight for shooting though.

One thing crazierthanu got wrong was the dive.  It accelerates very rapidly in a dive, but watch the speed as it can lose control surfaces on pullout if you overspeed.  I have used a dive and then a hard turn to kill more than one La-7 that was on my six.

Karnak as I recall they had 1 mossie with counter rotating props,Mk30, maybe I'm wrong on MK....???
 The benifits didn't outweigh logistics of handed engines so it was abandoned.Same could be said for it's handling,they knew it had a small problem,how to fix it,but wasnt done as it would have disrupted production.

Whether the counterrotating Mk was during wartime or not,I'm not sure....
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 04:35:19 PM by morfiend »

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 02:01:31 PM »
Learning your opposition is the key.  Some enemies you need to fight fast, some you need to slow down.  Use of the verticle is key as mentioned already, as is the use of flaps.  Do not fear the P51.  It is the one plane I seam to have the least problem killing.  It may be because the assume an easy kill but the mossie will easily out turn most P51s and you can also force overshoots on most (but not all) sticks.

Las and Nikkis have to be killed quicky!

Always save your wep for when you are in fights.  When your wep goes your chances of survival drop rapidly.
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 06:48:21 AM »
mosquito is pure joy to fly. thanks for the plug V, Xasthur  :)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.