Author Topic: Titanic Tuseday Idea  (Read 594 times)

Offline vizwhiz

• Zinc Member
Re: Titanic Tuseday Idea
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 10:06:10 PM »
I really like the idea of TT on a smaller map! :D
I really like the idea of smaller maps anyway...!!  :D
(hey, don't throw things at me!)   :huh

Seriously, what's the point of having everybody on one map if you can still space yourself out so far that it's no different than regular MA play? 

Besides, there is a natural equilibrium created when large quantities are squeezed into smaller-ish spaces...one side wins a base or moves horde-like toward another team's area and the now diluted aggressor (more map to cover) runs into a more concentrated opponent, causing natural advantages for the defenders and third team, and natural weaknesses for the aggressor.  The balance would be similar to any agressor stretching themselves out over a larger area (by winning bases) relative to their opponents, the further they go, the weaker their forces become. 

The time factor also becomes an issue on a large map because TT only lasts one day...and for some of us, only a couple hours that night...you spend an hour of your flying time getting those buffs up to uber-alt and bombing, you've wasted a lot of play time in the TT format.  It would encourage quicker fights, shorter-range activities, and faster, harder engagements.  Those who wish to furball CAN, and those who wish to take bases CAN, missions can be generated because of the large numbers of players, and bases will change hands all over the map, because you don't have to fly for hours to get somewhere.  It would REALLY increase the rate of play - lots of activity everywhere you look.  It would be kinda like the DA in the MA at massive numbers!

:O
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 10:07:45 PM by vizwhiz »
If I'm a "zinc" member, then I should be called "The GALVANIZER"!

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 11:12:02 AM »
I'm not worried about TT itself, but prior to what happens before TT. If you have the highest % of bases taken, and highest % of your own bases, you win just before the servers swich.
It would help the fact that because it would take at least a month to acually win a big map, and same with a smaller map.
Give people more insentive to not furball.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 01:45:00 PM »
I'm not worried about TT itself, but prior to what happens before TT. If you have the highest % of bases taken, and highest % of your own bases, you win just before the servers swich.
It would help the fact that because it would take at least a month to acually win a big map, and same with a smaller map.
Give people more insentive to not furball.

what if we "furballers" can find a way to give you "win the war" sticks reason to only "furball"

idea don't sit well does it? and besides the war is to promote

AIR COMBAT