Author Topic: dar bar  (Read 618 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
dar bar
« on: September 07, 2008, 09:14:06 PM »
How is it that two C202 at 4k showed up showing no Dar Bar, but i show a dar??
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: dar bar
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 08:00:58 AM »
stealth mode?

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 12:36:38 PM »
stealth mode?

Hummm, we must get that technology from the axis.  Who do i have to assassinate to get my hands on that.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 12:56:50 PM »
It was interesting last night .

7 Axis planes shown on Radar (7 red dots )

Then all at once they are no longer there

I was at 9k.
Turned around and they are right in front of me .

Not for nothing but if its not a serious bug I would say somebody was having fun behind the great big admin wheel
last night

More than one of my squadies got witness to this. :confused:

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 02:05:13 PM »
well, what ever it is, somebody need to look into it.  I just dont see how two axis showed up with out showing no dar. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 02:09:18 PM »
our axis war machine is working on a secret stealth weapon that can only be operated from Axis aircraft. Ve haff vays off making us disappear without diying! all hail the mighty and brave Axis fighters!  :aok

this propaganda message was approved by JG54 and Teh Tardwhackers.  :)

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 02:16:35 PM »
Propaganda or not .

What happened last  night was not funny nor a nice situation.

If that is the case will somebody give me the OK to insert an apache Helicopter into that game .

Im in the mood to see what it would have been like to END Germany's entire war machine in say like 3 hours

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 03:59:47 PM »
If that is the case will somebody give me the OK to insert an apache Helicopter into that game .

Im in the mood to see what it would have been like to END Germany's entire war machine in say like 3 hours

Pfft it would get pwnd by bubi in a 109E4.  :D

I would like an A-10. I saw a special on the Military channel last night on the A-10C featuring my old wing the 355th FW at Davis Monthan. I didn't see my old A-10 in the program though. :(

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 06:56:37 PM »
Checked out the arena and didn't see anything wrong with Dar settings?? 

Not sure what happened.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 02:50:28 AM »
Bug,

Excuse my simple question.  What are the dar settings?  My connection is hosed, so I can't even log in long enough to read the MOTD.  Does the MOTD include dar altitude information? 

Offline eagleheartone

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 01:45:14 PM »
Again yesterday afternoon, I was flyin at 13k, looking at map, talkin on chat with fellow squadie.............. no dar bar........... I just happen to look at the corner of the screen.........and low and behold............ a 190 2k above (15k) and a 109 below about 1k........... checked the radar on map........... yep.........no dar bar..... and at alts from 12k to 15k ......and there were 2 cons right on me.  Obvisiously I was showing a dar bar......... how else would they have known where I was... 3 grids away from nearest base.  Now, this was not the first time this happened, but I have had several people tell me that they are getting tired of the (WEIRD) things that are happening in AvA, and NO it is not LAGGGGGG!!!!!!  This will cause pilots not to visit the AvA, and I am sure that is not what everyone wants........... I am tired of making Excuses for these so called ... EVENTS.  IF you want the AvA to thrive........someone needs to get a handle on the  SETUP of the arena, and monitor it to make sure these events........ are sorted out. 

Eagle
Eaglehrt

CO.  5th SFG "S.O.A.R."

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 03:08:48 PM »
Radar is set for both sides the same.

It is 10 miles from tower for Dot Dar.

DarBar goes out to a range of 30 miles from tower.

Both are good down to an alt of 500.

Please post some screenshots next time Eagle with the map up to help figure out what the issue might be.  Is it possible you were more than 30 miles away from a friendly tower??  Other than that can't see whay you wouldn't have DAR BAR.  I can not see anything wrong with the settings, so your comment "get a handle on the SETUP" is a little bit uncalled for I'm thinking.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline eagleheartone

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 07:31:00 PM »
BUG..... there have been many complaints about Axis planes above 200 ft... and there is no dar bar to signify they are in the air.  In other words like I said... any con at 12k to 15k should show a dar bar...........and allot of the time...they do not.  It is a little bit of a surprise... flying at 13k... no dar bar and boom  3 cons on ya at less than 1.5.  I am just trying to get someone to find out why this is happening.  Obviously I was showing a dar bar for them to pinpoint my location almost 2 grids over the ocean.  Not trying to put down staff.. don't get me wrong.  I have not yet seen one Axis post saying that Allies are not showing dar bars during flight.  If ya look at it.. it can be conceived as a little suspicious in nature that only the Axis fly not showing a dar bar.  I have been approached many times on private bout this issue, and they say.... "I am not coming back in here until this @#$! is fixed.  I do not want to see the AvA turned away like that, you know how rampid new like that flows on the airways.  So, lets see if we can figure out how this is happening, and fix it.  I will do anything I can to help you Staffer's, but not one has EVER approached me for any input.  SO, all I have is to post and get ridiculed for saying what I see.

Eagle
Eaglehrt

CO.  5th SFG "S.O.A.R."

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 08:11:27 PM »
I surely hope you didn't take what I said as being ridiculed.  I just wish you would gather a little more hard evidence before throwing accusations about the settings.  I assure you they are set correctly and they are set the same for both sides. 

Are you certain you were not more than 30 miles from an Allied Tower??  You mention being over the ocean.  30 miles is only 1.2 grids.  If you were then you will not see enemy bardar.  But if you were 30 miles from an enemy tower they should not be seeing you. 

This setting was put into place to help the bomber guys form up behind the lines undetected.  I will surely accept constructive criticism on any aspect of my setups and openly invite your input. But can you honestly look at the nature of your post and call it constructive?
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline RMrider

• Silver Member
      • http://
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 08:31:10 PM »
Pfft it would get pwnd by bubi in a 109E4.  :D

Pfft Bubi is a newb.  :D  :t

(P.S. Bubi is the man or... teenager)  :aok
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC