Author Topic: HiTech Creations : A request for future versions  (Read 139 times)

Offline capera

• Copper Member
HiTech Creations : A request for future versions
« on: December 26, 2001, 10:00:00 AM »
Is there any possible chance that the option of turning OFF coms could be considered for future versions.

As we all have seen, profanity happens all the time on Open Coms. There is no real way to keep it from happening.

I am using "family budget" money to pay for Aces High, my son likes to try AH from time to time but there is nothing more disturbing to me than for him to have to witness the childish behaviours of some people in the game and their foul language. There is no need of it.

Seeing that asking these people to watch their language is an endless battle, would it be possible to ADD an option where a pilot could turn off coms, therefore bypassing the physco-babble from our more immature pilots.

For your consideration HT and staff......

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: capera ]

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2001, 10:04:00 AM »
"/.squelch 1"
"/.squelch 2"
should do it for you

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2001, 10:08:00 AM »
You probably know this but .squelch 1 gets rid of most of the problem.

This still leaves you with country (green) that I think cannot be shut off but it should remove two thirds of the garbage.

Do not .squelch 6 and the buffer will scroll so fast you may as well have comms off.

HTC, we get 3 lines of text we cannot hide, any easy way to just hide it all?

Edit:
Pongo, .squelch 2 does nothing for me, what am I missing?

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Sunchaser ]

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2001, 10:19:00 AM »
Doesn't work for anyone Sunchaser.(squelching 2)
-SW

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2001, 10:28:00 AM »
Thank you guys for the tips.....this will do the trick.

~S~

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2001, 10:36:00 PM »
It would be handy if these settings would "stick" from one play session to the next. It can't be that hard to put in a function that automatically saves the channels you squelch and keeps them that way until you unsquelch them.

That allows you to take the next step, one that really gets to the heart of what Capera is saying...and provide the ability to password those squelched settings. Lets face it, AH is an X-rated environment. I've only been here a few days and I'm amazed at the amount of verbal diarrhea that spews over the main channel (What the heck happened anyway? Everyone that play these games get a frontal labotomy over the last 6-7 years or something, losing all awareness of the concept of "respect for others"? It never used to be this bad.)

Providing some tools for parents to filter as much of this out as possible would be a step in the right direction. Actually a profanity filter is really whats needed. A tool to allow parents to keep the game at a family rating goes a long way to broadening the appeal of these games.

Vortex
--)-Vortex----
The Musketeers, circa 1990

AH In-Game Handle: Vort

Offline Nordman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2001, 08:07:00 AM »
Isn't there a profanity filter anymore? I remember not being able to say anything to anyone for 15 min this spring because I got carried away and used the word "shit" when I saw a bunch of 15-20 ibn nme planes. A huge strike and I sat there trying to organize a line of defence and started with something like: "Shit!! We have ibn nme strike, A big one. Every available pilot report to A#" That message didn't get transmitted because I had 2 min earlier said the s-word. this got me "squelched" for about 15 min.

-XroverX

Offline MugZ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2001, 02:35:00 PM »
Probably even more complex.
but what about a Dictionary
of those artaficial Cus words.
like  Arse, Chit, Fkr, Fuger.   Ect.????
some how to squelch a certian word??
I know   the programers are laughing at me as i type.  LOL
thanks anyway.   <S>

Offline Vector

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2001, 08:46:00 AM »
S!
Not so long time ago I wrote (in squad channel) "shit i'm ded" and I got a message something like "watch you language" and my message was deleted automatically. Isn't this enabled anymore?