Author Topic: 3D pan View system change proposal  (Read 148 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
3D pan View system change proposal
« on: October 12, 1999, 02:46:00 PM »
I propose that the current 360 degree of view horizontal head movement in 3D pan view be restricted to a suitable maximum left and right point aft and that a slider function be deployed that would enable the user to set speed of view rotation.

This would eliminate the ability to perform the Linda Blair head swivel and require the user to view the simulated environment in a manner such as would be required in a actual environment.

This is the only shortcoming in an otherwise superior viewing system.

Yeager

"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Parias

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 1999, 04:20:00 PM »
Hmm, I may have read your post incorrectly, but I'm pretty happy with the system the way it is now.. I dunno, it just gives me a great feeling have this huge B-17 to myself and being able to walk all over the place while it's flying on autopilot (or getting ready to crash into the ground)

------------------
Parias
"NEVER get out of the car!"

Jitters

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 1999, 12:30:00 AM »
Interesting Idea,  As a addition to that thought is it possible to allow use of Mouse for the Pan view?  The reason being Head Mounted Displays are getting better all the time and I can see people using them in near future here.  Most the HMD's use mouse input for tracking.  I noticed both EAW and Janes Fighters allow it at the moment.

Jitters  

[This message has been edited by Jitters (edited 10-14-1999).]

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 1999, 08:36:00 AM »
Jitters,

Definately I great idea!  I love EAW and especially 3D view panning with the mouse.

I would be all in favour of having mouse control for 3D pan.  My original post was inspired by the aft 6 view restrictions allowable in EAW but maybe HTC does not want to be too liberal with their inspirations :^)

Yeager

[This message has been edited by Yeager (edited 10-14-1999).]
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline scout

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 1999, 12:15:00 PM »
Punt up Yeager's two ideas.

Restrict the 360' head move and introduce a slider for panning speed.

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 1999, 08:53:00 AM »
I changed my "Linda Blair" to a realistic six view, I don't understand why anyone would use the straight out linda blair.

I like the slider idear also.

I can think of a few things I would do with Linda Blair though.

------------------
"I could feel the 20MM Cannon impacting behind me so I made myself small behind the pilot armor" Charlie Bond AVG
lkbrown1@tir.com
 http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
Very Opinionated Person.