Author Topic: windows movie maker  (Read 507 times)

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
windows movie maker
« on: October 04, 2008, 07:21:04 AM »
How do I get a ah2 film viewer film to windows movie maker. I keep gettin a message about needing a codec?

"The file C:\Users\dmanuhone\Documents\HTC\Aces High II\ahfilm.exe cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again.
"

Thanks for ant help never tried making a movie.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 07:25:19 AM by flatiron1 »

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: windows movie maker
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 07:34:56 AM »
The ahfilm.exe file is the actual film viewer to view your in-game recorded video.  You need to use that program to play your video and perhaps try your hand a setting up shots.  While using the film viewer, you can either use another program like FRAPS to record what your computer is displaying (for fullscreen movies) or you can play around with the "save/export as avi" function from the film viewer.

I haven't had much luck just exporting the whole film to avi.  I always set up shots and then "stream to avi" during playback of each shot.  There are lots of codecs listed to choose from, and I haven't played with them all.  The best luck I've come up with so far is by using "Windows Video 1" codec.

Once you've done the above, you can then import those avi files into Windows Movie Maker and go to town.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 03:02:31 PM »
How do I get a ah2 film viewer film to windows movie maker. I keep gettin a message about needing a codec?

"The file C:\Users\dmanuhone\Documents\HTC\Aces High II\ahfilm.exe cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again.
"

Thanks for ant help never tried making a movie.

AH comes with a film viewer.  Go start/ programs/ Aces High / Film viewer ....let it load in  go to open then double click any film you have.  Click play

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 06:58:01 PM »
uh Lynx I was wanting make a movie not watch one.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 11:00:18 PM »
ok I have vista and apparantly from doing some reseach Vista does not come with codec installed. anyone have any ideas on how I can get the codec's

Offline jerkins

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 10:35:31 PM »
You cannot open a .ahf file in windows movie maker.

Here is what you need to do.

-First go to start/programs/aceshigh/filmviewer

-Then open the film you want. 

-You can export the film from here in an .avi format.

This .avi format can be opened with window movie maker and you can edit it from this point.

You can also set up and export "shots" in the film viewer.  I like to set up a "shot", then I run another program called "fraps" that will capture the video playing in the aces high film viewer.  I only use this second program in order to record the fill at full screen.  "fraps" will output an .avi file, which you can open up in WMM.

I hope this helps.
Jerkins
Strike Bandits
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 08:42:33 PM »
That's my problem. Even when I save as AVI Movie Maker says I don't have the codec to make it work. I have Vista Home Premium which seems to be the bane of my computer existence.

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 05:04:25 AM »
Flat... I have the same problem.
See Rule #6

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 07:34:02 AM »
TRy down loading Fraps ,you can save your films in this then inport them to the movie maker.
But bewear they use up a lot of disc space
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin