Author Topic: Error : Intialization failed -9  (Read 247 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Error : Intialization failed -9
« on: October 06, 2008, 05:12:35 PM »
getting the following error when starting the game ( double clicking AH icon )

ERROR:
Intialization failed -9
mainWLD_FAILED -1

I have not signed on to update the most recent patch I don't believe

only other thing I have done was switch my plug N Play Monitor driver to the DELL 19FP driver for the monitor

ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe w/ WiFi  ( WiFi not turned on )
Athlon 6400 X2
4 gigs ram pc6400  Corsair
ASUS EAH 3870 512 meg ATI Videocard ( most current driver as of 7/30/08  had no problems )
SATA II 320 gig hitachi HD
PC power & Cooling Silencer 750 watt PSU
directx 9.0c 

nothing is overclocked.....

HELP
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Re: Error : Intialization failed -9
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 05:43:06 PM »
getting the following error when starting the game ( double clicking AH icon )

ERROR:
Intialization failed -9
mainWLD_FAILED -1

I have not signed on to update the most recent patch I don't believe

only other thing I have done was switch my plug N Play Monitor driver to the DELL 19FP driver for the monitor

ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe w/ WiFi  ( WiFi not turned on )
Athlon 6400 X2
4 gigs ram pc6400  Corsair
ASUS EAH 3870 512 meg ATI Videocard ( most current driver as of 7/30/08  had no problems )
SATA II 320 gig hitachi HD
PC power & Cooling Silencer 750 watt PSU
directx 9.0c 

nothing is overclocked.....

HELP

I also getting the following error now after I manually updated to 2.13 patch 1

HTC/aceshigh/flimviewer.exe is not a valid copy, and can not update

HELP
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Wax

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 07:02:20 PM »
 I just re downloaded the game.. I saved my folders Setting ect.. But for some reason all settings didn't change even though I uninstalled ah2.. Its like I didn't even uninstall the game.. Its fine now :rock
Army of Muppets
 Make this real...the only muppet I have any respect for is Fester. Rest of you muppets can swab my sweat. Trikky

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 08:02:59 PM »
downloaded complete full game, reinstalled, reinstalled high res pack, reinstalled AMD optimizer patch and the MS update for dual core all is fine now......reloaded my settings and sights folders to the new install all is good

( plus | I got me a gameport to USB adapter ) so now I have full HOTAS again ........

thx Wax  :aok

Offline Wax

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 06:15:39 PM »
TC glad its working again for ya.. you know what has me confused is that i uninstalled the game but did not have to down load the High res pack again and my settings didn't change hmm oh well its working fine now :salute
Army of Muppets
 Make this real...the only muppet I have any respect for is Fester. Rest of you muppets can swab my sweat. Trikky