Author Topic: NHL Season has started  (Read 323 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: NHL Season has started
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 08:52:48 AM »
and the world went ZZZZZzzzz...

you shut it!

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 09:13:30 AM »
Your Eastern Conf is pathetically messed up.  West is actually decent... although I would make exception with the Hawks.  In the playoffs yes... not higher than 5th though.
  In the EAST>>>>No Philly.  No Washington.  No Montreal.??? No way...take out the Bruins, Lightning and COUGH.... Isles.  ISLES???? At least give some backup for that.....
Bruins at 4th?  Dreaming.!!!!  MAYBE 7th or 8th....and that's a stretch.  Remember... no Metropolit, he went to the Flyers.
Philly? hello?  Played in the conf. finals last year....STOMPED two great teams to get there.  They didn't lose anyone besides Umberger in offseason.  Gained a defenseman to complement Timmonen,  and ALL forwards in their prime...Goaltending is solid. This team is a not so dark horse to beat the Pens for the Conference. 
Unless Marty has a full body transplant.... or the Devils forego building for the future and buy up the free agent market for NOW.... they may not even make the playoffs.  Putting them anywhere near the top is a huge mistake.  Name another Devil after Brodeur?  Didn't think so.  And Marty.... gettin old bro.  He showed it the last two seasons.

Washington will be the #3 seed for many seasons...no matter how many points they get... they're in the Southeast.  Division winner gets seed.  Southeast will be the weakest division.... therefore, they're in 3.

I'll keep your west....but

EAST:
1. Pittsburgh. (115 points)  Malkin and Lem.. I mean Crosby, each score 80 to 90 points this season.
2. Ottawa.  (103 points) Northeast isn't strong... Isn't weak... But Heatley willl have a great season.  40/40, with Alfredson notching 50 goals if Healthy.
3. Washington   (85 points) Best team in a horrible division.  Could get upset by Florida late in the season to get knocked out of this spot.  Seriously.  Just like last year... the team in this spot won't have the points to get in any other playoff spot. 
4. Philadelphia  (100 points)  Dark horse to the Stanley Cup.  Plays a team game, everyone has bought into the system.  Gagne is back.  Richardson gets close to 60 goals, maybe 100 points... Briere...more assists than goals. 
5. Rangers.  (96 points)  Good team... bad city.  Goaltending will win and lose them games.  Jags....maybe last spin.
6. Montreal  (90 points)  Always a threat, at home or on the road.  Don't think they'll be as good as last year though.
7. Toronto (88 points) Just a guess.  If they don't make the playoffs... the riots will consume the city.
8. New Jersey (86 points)  Will barely squeak into the post season over Carolina, cause Brind'amour always cools off prior to the postseason.

i can dream can't I?   ;)

1. Penguins
2. Senators
3. Washington
4. Philadelphia
5. Montreal
6. Devils
7. Toronto
8. Rangers

9. Bruins
10. Hurricanes
11. Islanders
12. Lightning
13. Sabres
14. Thrashers
15. Panthers
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 09:23:13 AM »
The Dallas Stars ROCK!  :rock :rock :rock :rock

And so do their girls :D

:O :D
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 09:25:07 AM »

The good old days  :aok  :D

Kill Jacobs

Oh, and maybe you remember the good ol days of the big bad bruins?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8K7roZu3WU&feature=related

C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 11:06:40 AM »
The Dallas Stars ROCK!  :rock :rock :rock :rock

And so do their girls :D

:O :D
:O
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 11:24:44 AM »
and the world went ZZZZZzzzz...

RPM, ya need to go watch a game live. Trust me... hockey beats all major live sporting events.
sand

Offline bswin03

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.4thfg.org
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 11:33:44 AM »
Pens start their 4-5 years of domination of the league this year.......too much young talent.  and they have to the most to watch right now...nobody is going to convince them them they are inexperienced.  GO PENS!

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2008, 06:11:51 PM »
They did the BIG choke in Sweden today. :D

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 10:58:17 PM »
RPM, ya need to go watch a game live. Trust me... hockey beats all major live sporting events.
I've been to a few Stars games. Even sat 3rd row from the glass a copule times (gotta love vendors). It just looks like soccer on ice to me.
Probably a lot of fun to play.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2008, 11:47:09 PM »
I've been to a few Stars games. Even sat 3rd row from the glass a copule times (gotta love vendors). It just looks like soccer on ice to me.
Probably a lot of fun to play.

It was a blast. Wish I could still do it.
sand

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2008, 05:30:32 AM »
Do you like basketball rpm?

Now American style football is boring. Action for maybe 10 seconds and then stand around for a minute or so. And so on and so on and .... for 3 hours.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2008, 05:34:37 AM »
I've never really had any interest in hockey. My Daughter's boyfriend that passed away recently loved it. Hockey is not big in Texas.
Just like the post above about the Dallas Stars..... never ever heard of them. Houston had a team once... don't think they do now.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)