Author Topic: my slice of humble pie  (Read 768 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
my slice of humble pie
« on: October 13, 2008, 07:35:18 AM »
I started friday nite off with a K/D of 7.0 in fighters when me and a few squadies went on a tear and was landing 4,5,6 kills a piece every sortie. We were like a well oiled killing machine.It was a blast.For the first time EVER I got my K/D to 10.5 to 1. I'm flying around drinking beer and blowing up everything that comes near me. At this point i'm thinkin' no one can beat me.

Well then I see a low B5N..dive in and the tail gun gets my oil :frown: I go up and over to finish him off and his tail gun finishes ME off  :cry I promply re-up to get my him back and see a high pony and he dives in for the easy pick..i'm dead again  :mad: :cry :cry

So, i re-up from a different base to kill him too and i get to about 10K and DOH! there is a little above me....waiting. A fight ensues and I think I got him in the bag when he does a beautiful reverse on me and saddles up on my 6 and blows my wing off. Thank-you H5117  :cry :cry :cry now i'm worse off then when i started.

moral of the story: just when I thought I was good, H5117 came along and schooled me  <<S>> H5117
Lighten up Francis

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
Re: my slice of humble pie
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 08:49:17 AM »
Dont worry about score... You have good tours and bad tours... I think my only ever good tour was last one, I kept my fight K/D to 2 I think, I only checked it like once or twice...

Now, I'm learning new planes, so it's only like .7 or something, probably less...  :lol
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 09:30:36 AM »
 :lol oUPTOWNo cant wait til I get back in town! I miss the morning crew  :rock.
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 12:19:04 PM »
I ran into a B5N driver a couple of tours ago who gave me fits. I happened to be in a B pony and the combination of an outstanding gunner and this guys very creative evasives gave me fits. The gunner got rounds in me every pass it seemed. By the time I got the darn B5N lit up I was leaking gas, oil and water and he gave me a pilot wound on the pass that lit them up...Bats gunned for me on more then one occasion in the A-20 and a good gunner certainly complicates the equation a bit...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 12:32:49 PM »
Aren't you the guy who is ALWAYS screaming on vox and sounding generally unpleasant? Will the pie sort that out?

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 12:42:06 PM »
I never cease to be surprised at how many of us are willing to take damage for one measly bomber kill, whether it be a B-17 or a B5N.  6 o'clock attacks will force you to rtb even if you get the kill.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 01:43:28 PM »
I never cease to be surprised at how many of us are willing to take damage for one measly bomber kill, whether it be a B-17 or a B5N.  6 o'clock attacks will force you to rtb even if you get the kill.

personally, i try to take buffs down without taking any damage.......i'm just not very good at it :aok :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 03:21:22 PM »

mmmmm. What if you didn't have a good job? (Peter Gibbons voice)
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 04:30:46 PM »
Aren't you the guy who is ALWAYS screaming on vox and sounding generally unpleasant? Will the pie sort that out?

me? i don't believe so.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 05:21:23 PM »
Heh. My K/D is rarely above 1.5. I like to be in a 110 or a 190 going 100 MpH surrounded by Spitfires and N1K's to get above that.

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 05:24:09 PM »
That's Tripl5.

;)
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 09:06:54 PM »
Heh. My K/D is rarely above 1.5. I like to be in a 110 or a 190 going 100 MpH surrounded by Spitfires and N1K's to get above that.

my attack K/D is for that  :D and it runs about 1.6 or so. I usually only fly in fighter mode when i have a wingman. My squadies in the 412th help my butt out quite a bit.
Do you fly different in fighter mode then attack mode?
Lighten up Francis

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 09:08:51 PM »
Do you fly different in fighter mode then attack mode?
I up in fighter mode if I'm going A2A and attack mode if I'm going A2G. So, yeah, you could say that :D
Sometimes I'll up with the intention to BnZ over a horde, but that usually turns in to with 'hmm, there's no one around, I'll commit to a fight with this guy' and then ends with 'WTF, where did those two Spitfires, N1K and P51 come from?!'
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:11:41 PM by Motherland »

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 09:17:33 PM »
:lol oUPTOWNo cant wait til I get back in town! I miss the morning crew  :rock.

I'm sad to report that I don't fly in the morning anymore Pawz. Give me a holla when you get back  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 06:28:25 PM »