Author Topic: The uber field ack and Gvs  (Read 94 times)

Offline Fokker

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.inbusiness.no
The uber field ack and Gvs
« on: April 06, 2001, 10:24:00 AM »
When sneaking into a field in a GV i would like to use terrain and buildings to cover me from ack. Not so in AH. Those acks can kill u by shooting through hangar walls and terrain, but i cant do the same in my GV. Not fair and certainly not realistic. Cant this easily be fixed?

It would be more fun to be a tanker if fields where surrounded by some buildings (farmhouses etc.) and trees, so there where a challenge in sneaking in close without being detected.

As it is now an attacking vehicle is always out in the open. It would be more fun both for defnder and attacker if there where more challenge to this.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2001, 02:56:00 PM »
I've had a few tank battles where the terrain forced us to get within 600 yards.  The problem, IMO, seems to be that people who use the spawn points and drive the quickest route to the enemy base have very little cover. If you want to be stealthy, it's best not to take the straight route but rather a route that will take you to where there is cover in the terrain elevation changes. Take a look at the field you're attacking and figure out the route the fighters are taking off. Then plan your route so that you are far enough away so your Icon doesn't show. Spotting a tank that stays on the dark green parts of the terrain is difficult from the ground as well as the air.

------------------
Lars
***MOL***
Men Of Leisure

Yello1

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2001, 06:51:00 PM »
Problem that I have seen with going around, is that the hills often make it a chore if not impossible. Did these things really go that slow up a mild grade ???  Makes Gvs unbearable half the time in my mind

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2001, 12:15:00 AM »
Sure would be nice to have trees with which fighters could collide and with which gv's could hide.

Field AAA does need to get some kind of field of view though, having ack fire on my tank when it is below the field (field is raised) and there is no way for the AA to see.. yet it fires into the ground!.

IMO, if field AAA would have some kind of "triangulation without obstacles" kinda logic... say, ack gun gets range on target by triangulating target's range. If the aaa could not get such triangulation because an object (a hill, a tree, a hangar) was in its path then the ack would not "see" it and thus not fire.

To add to that, if the field AA had a "2 second target switch" delay, with which it would take 2 seconds for an ack gun to stop firing at target A and fire at B, things may get a bit better than have a gun instantly stop shooting at someone and instantly send tracers at someone else with such accuracy.

Would be cool to make some AA and flak guns on fields be mannable.