Author Topic: Custom colors for all text radios  (Read 485 times)

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Custom colors for all text radios
« on: November 11, 2008, 12:48:14 PM »
In special events there is usually lots of text chatter on all channels. This makes it difficult to separate important messages from others when using e.g. the green country chan(1) and three other yellow channels.

Could we have customizable text radio colors for all text radios? They would use their individually set color UNLESS they were tuned to some of the predefined chans (country, range, squad, private). Setting them would be done e.g. in same place, where icon text sizes and colors are set.

It might help with variation if there was also an opaque custom color background available as an additional custom option.

Example:
R1: chan1   R2: chan123   R3: chan4   R4: chan234

In above example chan1 and chan4 use predefined colors and R2 and R4 have their custom colors and backgrounds.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 12:49:56 PM by BlauK »

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Re: Custom colors for all text radios
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 01:15:21 PM »
I like it!!
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 01:20:41 PM »
This would be very helpful indeed!
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 04:23:05 PM »
I agree, would be very helpful, as in scenario's/FSO's/Snapshots i"m reading off of the 2-3 different yellow text channels. It can get quite confusing.
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 05:45:39 PM »
I too would like to see color customization for the chat window, but would also like a couple more bells and whistles in the chat customization area too.  Like changing the chat's font size (as well as maybe the font type) and the width/height adjustments to both the compact and expanded chat window modes (what the "`" key does).  Personaly I'd like the expanded mode to go all the way from the top of my screen to the bottom, and the compact mode I wouldn't mind reducing it's width by a 1/5 or 1/4 of what it is now.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 05:48:08 PM »
Yes, please.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 07:11:49 PM »
CM controlled, or you'll have Babel confusion from players' differing color settings.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 01:52:47 AM »
moot,
your own setting would only affect what you see. Others could set them which ever way they liked it.

The only confusion I see is if people start talking like "see what they write on pink channel" instead of typing "check that line on chan123".
The same situation already exists in country colors. They can be changed but people still quite easily talk about bishes, knits and rooks.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 05:46:42 AM »
Another way would be to have different colors for different "area's" on private channels.

Say 101 - 150 would be one definable color. 151-200 another.
200 - 299 yet another.

Also the Mission channel should be changed to its own unique color.
Useing it in combination with any tuned channel quickly leaves people confused as to which was which.

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 10:43:54 AM »
Or simply assign colors to a specific radio rather than a channel. If radio 1 was always green, you would always know green text was on radio 1 and be able to reply easily. It would be up to you to decide what channels were on what radios. Just an alternative thought brought on by the original good idea.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 02:52:41 PM »
moot,
your own setting would only affect what you see. Others could set them which ever way they liked it.

The only confusion I see is if people start talking like "see what they write on pink channel" instead of typing "check that line on chan123".
The same situation already exists in country colors. They can be changed but people still quite easily talk about bishes, knits and rooks.
Yes. So now people know green is country, and they know their country, so there's no confusion. If you say pink channel (your front end) and listener A (on his FE) understands range while B (on his FE) understands country, there's potential for confusion.  Just my 2c.

I agree with Ghosth. 
I don't understand what you mean, Hammer.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you