Author Topic: Need help getting off of the runway.  (Read 573 times)

Offline GoRla

• Zinc Member
Need help getting off of the runway.
« on: November 04, 2008, 09:10:58 PM »
I downloaded the game and it worked fine and started and i choose a plane and click the direction i want to start flying from but when the plane comes on the screen and the engine starts and the propellers start but the plane doesn't start to move. I press the + key to increase the throttle the speed doesn't increases. It stays the same. I've tried miserably hard to get this plane in the air so i can finally have the world war II experience. Please some one give me a step by step instruction on how to get the damn plane off the run way. PLEASE!!! thank you :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: Need help getting off of the runway.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 09:40:23 PM »
I am guessing that since you're trying to use the keyboard for throttle, that you don't have a joystick.  You may need to take a few minutes to Set up your mouse as a controller if that is the case.

If you do have a joystick with a throttle axis, then the keyboard throttle commands will not work since they are overridden by the joystick.  A tutorial for setting up a joystick can be found here

Both tutorials are from the AHII Trainers Site

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 07:12:09 PM »
Also, if it is the + key on the key pad, that only changes R.P.M. in the engine, rather than being an actual throttle.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 07:18:48 PM »
Shift + on the keyboard (not keypad) = full throttle.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 11:29:09 PM »
If its a mouse, id really recomend a chapo joystick for starters. IMO 
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 11:32:26 PM »
If its a mouse, id really recomend a chapo joystick for starters. IMO 

I'd have to agree.  Spend about $20 on a stick if that's the best you can afford.  Or go on e-bay and find you an MS Sidewinder stick.  I love my MS Sidewinder.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 12:01:11 PM »
I'd have to agree.  Spend about $20 on a stick if that's the best you can afford.  Or go on e-bay and find you an MS Sidewinder stick.  I love my MS Sidewinder.

yeah,you dont need to spend a lot on a stick,a cheap one will be better than any mouse. One with 5 or more mappable buttons is better.

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 06:46:20 PM »
Heck, thrift stores have all you could ever want in cheap-o joysticks. Plus they are so cheap, that if they don't work, you can return them for the exact same price.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 06:59:23 PM »
What field are you at?  I'll fly right over and "help" you off the runway.   :D
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.