Author Topic: Were would you go and why?  (Read 656 times)

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
Re: Were would you go and why?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 10:09:40 AM »
While I was in the Army I went to Panama, Saudi, Iraq, Germany and Spain. Also took a couple of trips without an M-16 to Canada and Mexico.

These days the wife and I vacation in Brazil because that's where she is from and we spend time with her family, and have one hell of a great time at Carnival.

My 2009 vacation I want to go to Scotland and Norway. That's my ancestry. The wife is fine with this. She actually lived in London for a couple of years in the late 90's and likes that part of the world.

So as long as I keep waking up every morning we should be in that part of the world in late spring to early summer of '09.

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 11:00:42 AM »
I'd sneak on a USO tour plane & go all over to the places they go visiting our troops & doing things to make the day special for them. Smiley

TxMom, we would love to have you over here, but I have to admit the first thing I thought of when I read "Iraq" was the scene from "The Quest for the Holy Grail" when they said they did not want to go to Camelot, "It is a silly place".  You have to put Iraq into a funny context, cannot take anything too seriously here... :lol
For me, I just want to go back to the house, relax with my wife, take a nice long bath, drink a beer and enjoy being home.  74 days and a wake up baby and I am done with this place for fourteen months.  WOOT!

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 11:10:43 AM »
I'd like to see Normandy and follow the route taken to Berlin by the Allies. I'd also like to drive part of Germany and Switzerland on a bike.

I've been to Panama but would like to go back on a pleasure trip for more fantastic scuba diving. Mexico has no thrill for me, I've been there and have the T-shirt. It's no longer the inexpensive place to go anymore.

I'd also like to see parts of Japan.

My real dream is to dive iron bottom bay in Truk lagoon. To see the history of that place would be fantastic.

I'd also like to see Alaska with our RV for a season. Fuel prices and the fact that we'd have to drive through Canada make that a dim possibility.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 09:26:37 PM »
Germany is way overrated...  :noid

Why do you say that?   I've always wanted to go there.  A few places on my list of German destinations  Munich, Laboe, Berlin
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 09:42:35 PM »
Germany is way overrated...  :noid
I'm with 44... I don't think it's at all overrated.
I lived there for a while, and loved every minute of it.  :aok
Maybe being there all the time makes you see the wonderful things about it as normal instead of wonderful.

I guess it would suck to be Italian.  When you hear songs like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRhIc11b6m0 you'd know they're talking about bird-poop or gum stuck on your shoe instead of imagining that it's something totally swoony.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 09:46:46 PM by texasmom »
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Curlew

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 10:05:22 PM »

pretty self explanitory  :rock
It is I, Ens. Pulver! And I have just thrown your palm tree overboard!
Quote from: Helm
The best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Callsign---Curlew

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 10:14:22 PM »
I guess it would suck to be Italian.  When you hear songs like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRhIc11b6m0 you'd know they're talking about bird-poop or gum stuck on your shoe instead of imagining that it's something totally swoony.

That song is... Spanish ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2008, 10:18:35 PM »
Don't ruin it for me here Lusche!  ;)

*great* the song's probably about mopeds.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 10:22:24 PM by texasmom »
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline dyna76

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2008, 08:31:20 AM »
Wrong place Curlew..............you want the Saturday Babe thread......... :lol

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2008, 02:27:30 PM »
Amsterdam was fun and I'd like to go back to the Netherlands but I'm going to have to go with:

back home to the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina because I still haven't found anywhere in the world that can truly compete.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace