Author Topic: Thinking of playing  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: Thinking of playing
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 01:26:37 PM »
lol..the drunkest muppet  :lol :salute

Its a lie. They are all so drunk you cant tell who is more drunk. I think I'm the only one who doesn't get drunk. Makes for some of the funniest AH moments. Hearing two or more drunk muppets on squad vox is just priceless. Sometimes I'm laughing so hard I have to go to the tower or put my plane on auto pilot because I cant see from all the tears.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 03:27:32 PM »
lol jeez Larry, I see another muppet got the ole "persona non grata" award :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline DR7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 07:08:03 PM »
Try the training arena for a week.  Then jump in, get killed, get killed, get killed.  But each time you get killed you may learn something.   Big tip, leave your ego in the training arena.  Game has a big learning curve but well worth the effort. 

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 07:09:52 PM »
-htrk- here. Old Farts and -=RF=- Red Falcons City of Krakow. 1995-1999. Did the Convention in Charlotte and DC.

Anyway, you will find -fdski- and -frodo- and a few others still lurking about Aces High.

It is not War Birds however. The flight models are easier here, the community is far less knowledgable on the whole than alt.games.warbirds was as far as Aircraft and the like. But that is mostly due to the fact of the sheer numbers of players here.

Spend a little time on the boards and you will realize that 80% of the topics are not about the ballistic characteristics of the 20mm olerikon MG FF Cannon of the BF110 that someone dug up out of a book... instead its about "I was vulched!" and "so and so is a dweeb squeaker".

But there are some very knowledgable and friendly folks around, just have to look for them.

The game play is a hybrid mix of the Instant Action arena and the main arena from WB. But no rolling plane sets, and Hi Tech did a far better model for base captures.

Obviously the graphics are far better, and the flight models are mushy and overly forgiving, but it is a different set of clientelle here. And the guy does have to make a living after all.

Overall, to  be honest..... its your only choice really.  IL2 and Falcon 4.0 are community supported games that rely on small servers created and maintained by gamers.  If you want Sim Combat in a Massively Multiplayer format, Aces High is the only thing there is.

So go ahead and blow a few bucks, take your time finding a decent squadron, and check out some of the excellent special events this game features.

It will scratch your itch just fine.

How are the flight models overly forgiving and mushy?
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 07:16:43 PM »
     Mensa, why even ask, he obviously has an axe to grind.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 07:28:18 PM »

It is not War Birds however. The flight models are easier here, the community is far less knowledgable on the whole than alt.games.warbirds was as far as Aircraft and the like. But that is mostly due to the fact of the sheer numbers of players here.

Obviously the graphics are far better, and the flight models are mushy and overly forgiving, but it is a different set of clientelle here. And the guy does have to make a living after all.

Well before you make a statement like that read some history about aceshigh.
In doing this I'm sure you`ll find out that htc `s employees made warbirds.
And the fact that warbirds lost what little producers they had i can only foresee there
imminent failure.
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 10:35:56 PM »
lol jeez Larry, I see another muppet got the ole "persona non grata" award (Image removed from quote.) :lol

Its because we are sooooo cool. :rock
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner