Author Topic: Why not more CV groups on map?  (Read 131 times)

Offline F4UDOA

• Silver Member
      • http://mywebpages.comcast.net/markw4/index.html
Why not more CV groups on map?
« on: May 31, 2001, 01:37:00 PM »
Why in the current AH setup is there not more than one fleet per country??

Why not 2, 3 or 5?? Can you imagine having two entire CV group's attacking a land base? I have never seen this in AH and in fact since the first release of the CV's I hardly see them face one another.

Also why not have independant battle groups with battleships, cruisers and destroyers??

Right now the carrier group has CV's and landingcraft but hardly the ability to impact the game with only one carrier in each CV group that can be sunk by any kamikazee with 2 1K eggs.

Either use two CV's per group or increase the number of CV groups so they can be massed for attack.

Also I think it should be possible for a squad (or MAG) with say more than 10 members on a squad night should be able to spawn a carrier group independant but not exlusive of other countrymen. In other words it would be spawned for a squad but could be used by anyone. The carrier would then be controlled by ranking squadmember and could be used for much better coordinated field captures and squad activity. I would luv to see a CV's with the Death Rattler's logo on the side of it.

How could any of this hurt the game??

Offline Kingonads

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2001, 01:53:00 PM »
in the last tour there is 2 cv's per contry and I agree maybee a battleship task group would be cool.  But I just want to know why isnt the 2" guns on the destroyers manable?

Hodo

Offline F4UDOA

• Silver Member
      • http://mywebpages.comcast.net/markw4/index.html
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2001, 02:09:00 PM »
Hmm,

Two carriers in lake uterous per country?? Maybe because I'm a Knit I never actually get to see what having 2 carriers is like.

Anyway there should be more.

Also more manable field ack and shore batteries. They are excellent additions!!

[This message has been edited by F4UDOA (edited 05-31-2001).]

[This message has been edited by F4UDOA (edited 05-31-2001).]

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2001, 02:21:00 PM »
It won't be a MA terrain but the Philippines terrain I submitted for scenarios has *19* task forces totalling 114 ships.  

Some are CA/DE groups - some are CV/DE groups and some are the standard HTC groups.

I won't get to add shore batterys until the new editor version is released.

eskimo

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2001, 06:25:00 PM »
Tomorrow each country will have 2 CVs.

eskimo

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2001, 12:58:00 AM »
Because CV's are dweeby and should be detested.

88mm laser acks, planes running to cv ack, bombardment by ship guns followed by endless streams of F4UC's and now also LVT's.

I appreciate the Kamikaze's of each country that takes the dweebmofloats out  

------------------
Von Santa
Staffelkapitän 9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you return from a mission with a victory, but without your Rottenflieger, you have lost your battle."
- D. Hrabak, JG 54 "Grünherz"