Author Topic: Ideas.........  (Read 1559 times)

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
Re: Ideas.........
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 10:20:46 PM »
I love command and conquer :) that would be crazy fun!

this is a great Idea till the LTARS come and strafe the little sea bee's diggin the runway with IL2s and LA7s  :uhoh
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 10:55:34 PM »
I much rather see the graphics improve. The gameplay is very good for now, why not improve appearence?
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 11:11:44 PM »
I much rather see the graphics improve. The gameplay is very good for now, why not improve appearence?

As was stated in another post, the graphics in the current game are by no means an example of what the AH2 engine is capable of.  From the sorties I flew in CT during the closed beta, I'd have to say that was true.  While what was in the CT closed beta wasn't a leap and bounds improvement, there was an improvement in the graphics, namely the textures on some of the objects.  So I think we'll probably be seeing some sort of improvement in that area but for right now, I think it's important to get all the current planes updated to AH2 standards, that includes some of the ones that already were done so all models will have the updated damage graphics.

After that, I would put adding new planes for EW, MW and LW era, especially for the EW era to flesh out that particular planeset.  I'd then put revamping the strat system to actually make it something that will truly improve and change the dynamics in the arenas.  With a fleshed out strat system, you open up a whole new venue to create some really good air battles.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 11:19:27 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2008, 11:18:14 PM »

Maybe have it start as a re-arm/repair/landing pad?

I wouldn't even have it start as that at all.  I'd have it start being a base that you can use after at least 10-15 supply drops have been made, then at the stage the base starts to become operational, it is only available for take off and landing without ords or radar.  After a few more supply drops, then radar becomes active and a couple of more after that, then ordnance and the ability to re-arm and re-fuel become enabled.  I'd want it to be difficult to create a base like this that takes a lot of work and team work to accomplish. 

This shouldn't be something that two guys can pull off milk running the arena.  I'd have the initial supply drops have a time limit of something around 15 minutes.  This will ensure that it takes more than 1 guy to fly in all the supplies within the time frame, heck, make it 10 minutes. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 11:56:50 PM »
i think the largest it should get is 1 dirt runway, 1-2 FHs and a VH...few auto acks and a couple manned acks.

You should have to have maybe...2-3 boxes of Airfield supps delivered every hour for the base to stay a base, otherwise it would start to build itself back down (FH "crumbles", etc) or just bomb it to hell.

no auto acks......only manned acks....if you build it, then you have to be there to defend it.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2008, 01:24:01 PM »
This has come up a few times before and its a great way to promote gameplay in the MA's.  If you want realism you fly scenarios not the MA's anyway.  HTC makes no pretense of the MA's being ww2 simulators, rather, its a game using ww2 class vehicles.

The idea of using bomber perks to build bases is a great one.  There is currently no economy for bomber perks.  This makes sense as bombers destroy object so why not let bomber perks help build objects?  The current game play model is rather limited and stagnant.  Dynamic bases greatly increase teamwork and strategic action. 

I would suggest the following; Bases are limited in distance and location from each other and static bases.  From a map point of view, one could define exclusion zones where non could be built and range limits from each other.

Bases would be built by c47's, lvts, skdfs or m3's dropping base supplies.  Lets use 100 perks as an starting point.  A higher starting point might initially be used to burn up all those 10's of thousands of currently useless bomber perks.  As with the current model you would only lose perks if you lost the plane.  From a programing point of view, each drop adds something to the base while damage takes it away.  Perhaps the something close to the current model or where base supplies are applied to repairing current damage and additional "points" are applied to the next item of added capacity.  Player made bases are only supplied via base supplies so once a base is discovered getting supplies there will become more risky.  Having to supply individual amounts of fuel or bombs would be problematic since you can't control who ups with them.  One can only imagine the whining of those who supply some fuel only to have that fuel used up before they can use it by someone else.

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2008, 01:34:39 PM »
 While I don't know alot of the mechanics to this game ( meaning programming ) this could be fun and in some maps very useful this is a good thread lots of good posts here . nice job guys .
                                                  nutte :salute
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2008, 11:24:20 AM »
not a bad Idea :aok
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2008, 11:51:29 AM »
Anything that makes it harder for the "Must win the war at all costs regardless of what it takes" mentality gets my vote.
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2008, 12:01:06 PM »
Interesting idea, it would be neat to see the new maps come out front line bases further apart than normal to encourage a battle over the land between them for a new field.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer