Author Topic: Kills: duke it out or quick and easy?  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
Re: Kills: duke it out or quick and easy?
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2008, 01:03:24 PM »
:rofl  .. So in your book only yank and bank is ACM?

BnZ includes just as much ACM, unless you understand BnZ as someting like extending out of icon range. BnZ just includes in addition keepeing ones alt and/or energy, which is essential while flying a plane which is not very nimble.

IMO, anyone can yank and bank and die, but not many can BnZ and land their kills.... especially at good hunting grounds, where there  are more enemies than friendlies ;)

I rather land 2 perfectly bounced kills than engage in a low furball to get 5 kills and die after that. But that's just me :)

Which is usually most BnZ happen. I usually only BnZ where baddies out # my side by far.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2008, 01:09:40 PM »
Yea those are the most fun Yenny :)  I like flying inverted with my jug, looking down into a sea of red and finding the guy with the most E...or any LA/109K which will soon be co-alt.   :rock

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2008, 01:13:54 PM »
hehe I circle around and look down the wing that's pointing down=)
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2008, 01:44:07 PM »
Whatever's most fun at the time.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2008, 01:49:39 PM »
i prefer the battle. anyone can BNZ. ACM is where its at!

Sorry to burst your bubble...BNZ is also ACM. It has been my experience that anyone that believes "anyone can BNZ"....can't. :)

In truth...anyone can turn and burn...and far too many do.

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2008, 01:57:38 PM »
Correct, there. BnZ is NOT climbing to impractically high altitudes, diving at insanely high speeds, and extending to ridiculously long distances, lather, rinse repeat. Such a practice will only get you a shot at an opponent with the absolute worst SA imagineable. You're too easy to see coming, too easy to dodge, and will never be able to corner your opponent.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2008, 02:00:20 PM »
It's all stick stirring. Nothing but dweebs from top to bottom of the score charts.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline LordHumungus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2008, 02:03:42 PM »
Definitely like the quick kills, tho they are not always easy. Long fights are so much fun but as a Jug driver its best not to get into those.

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2008, 02:47:25 PM »
well I try to kill them as quick as possable!!

for I know there are many more where he came from,

two nights ago in the Late war MA, I got into 3 great 1vs1 in a row I was impressed.

I wasn't, you killed me.
 :lol

I will always get down and dirty in a Mossie if it is a true 1 v 1.  Even against sticks like you, ink. I enjoy pushing it to the limits against better planes.  Your Hurrie though is just too tight a turner to kill without an advantage.

Rogent you did ask an interesting question.  I will always look for a quick kill but will only take a Ho shot if outnumbered or defending a field from a raid.  I do however enjoy the challenge of getting into a fight that requires me to take the Mossie to the edge of it's flight envelop.  I am not afraid to turn with Spit 16s or 9s or stall fight with 38s but I know that they will win if the fight goes too long.  Fun for me is taking the fight to the red guy in a way he/she would not expect from the plane they are facing.  Needless to say, I die a lot.  But doing this has taught me how to fly the Mossie on the edge, and that can be very necessary on occasions.

Good question!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 02:53:45 PM by Solar10 »
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2008, 03:48:35 PM »
Because I can't BnZ correctly and I can't kill quickly I have become accustomed slow drawn out battles.

Main reason to post was to say Gidday Rogent nice to see you <<S>> will you be back to the virtual skies soon?

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2008, 04:01:56 PM »
   The way Ive found to get the most out of the game is to always fly at the disadvantage. Weaker planes, and less alt, with no options provide the best fights. Even those who mainly pick will be tempted by your situation and press the attack. There is no shortage of excitement. 

The other night I took a P51 and picked around the fringes, and dove through the middle of a furball. I spent alot of time flying, got some kills and rtb'd. When I was done it puzzled me how some can do that all the time and stay interested in the game.

Quality fights win or lose is why I play. If my transit/loiter time exceeds my trigger time, I'm having a boring flight.

~AoM~

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2008, 04:36:49 PM »
I wasn't, you killed me.
 :lol

I will always get down and dirty in a Mossie if it is a true 1 v 1.  Even against sticks like you, ink. I enjoy pushing it to the limits against better planes.  Your Hurrie though is just too tight a turner to kill without an advantage.

Rogent you did ask an interesting question.  I will always look for a quick kill but will only take a Ho shot if outnumbered or defending a field from a raid.  I do however enjoy the challenge of getting into a fight that requires me to take the Mossie to the edge of it's flight envelop.  I am not afraid to turn with Spit 16s or 9s or stall fight with 38s but I know that they will win if the fight goes too long.  Fun for me is taking the fight to the red guy in a way he/she would not expect from the plane they are facing.  Needless to say, I die a lot.  But doing this has taught me how to fly the Mossie on the edge, and that can be very necessary on occasions.

Good question!

thanx Solar: you are a respected player  in my book, always look forward to flying with ya! and against ya.

you do fly the mossie very well, I just dont understand why? to dogfight with? I do understand it has a place, but I would get sick of being in that plane in the MAs when most are in spits, las, Hurris :D and such.

ether way,I :salute you!!!

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2008, 05:07:43 PM »
:rofl  .. So in your book only yank and bank is ACM?

BnZ includes just as much ACM, unless you understand BnZ as someting like extending out of icon range. BnZ just includes in addition keepeing ones alt and/or energy, which is essential while flying a plane which is not very nimble.

IMO, anyone can yank and bank and die, but not many can BnZ and land their kills.... especially at good hunting grounds, where there  are more enemies than friendlies ;)

I rather land 2 perfectly bounced kills than engage in a low furball to get 5 kills and die after that. But that's just me :)

I agree completely if you do it in a 109E (or even an F) in the LWA. Almost all the people I see are utilizing a 109K, pony, tiffie, 190D etc...

now this is in no way aimed at you. We've had a bunch of great fights and I have nothing for respect for your skills (and your actually a fine "dogfighter"). I simply dont see the argument that engaging in a superior plane from a superior position is a challenge. I dont even consider it a challenge in an SBD, basically anything under me is dead a large % of the time regardless of what they are in....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2008, 01:19:16 PM »
Humble,
you are likely mixing me with some other. I pretty much suck at "dog fighting" and usually do it only when I get cornered... just trying to survive and disengage while causing max damage if opportunities present themselves.  = desperate brawling

I mostly fly 109G-14 or 109G-2 (both with gunpods). They are hardly very good dogfighters :) but I cannot hit much with just one cannon.

IMHO engaging with a superior plane from a superior position against numerically superior enemy can often be a nice enough challenge, at least to me. Trying to hit something and still manage my SA in multiple bandits environment is work enough.
However, if there are more friendlies than enemies and all enemies are already at low and being chased by several friendlies, I stay higher and keep on flying towards the enemy bases.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34