Author Topic: superfortress  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: superfortress
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2009, 06:31:37 PM »
SQUEAK!

You said that in the Artillery thread....quit squeaking

ive taken at 24 to 30k i find it fun up there, you can actually see the curveture of the "earth"

And you are one person out of the ~7500 that play this game
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2009, 08:49:04 AM »
Everyone has their opinion.  And I didn't really mean to type allied...meant to say American.  Because the Brits had some dandies themselves  :aok

It wouldn't matter who said what was the "best", the answer is the same.  It's all subjective  :D

As for the patience to take a bomber to 30k, *MY* bombers are bigger on the inside than the outside.  During climb-out you can make dinner, watch a movie, work in the shop, mow the lawn, or just walk around the neighborhood.  The hard part is remembering to go back and bomb something once you're up there.  I wonder if you could get a B-29 to 40k in two or three hours?
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2009, 09:11:03 AM »
...T H E   R U N W A Y S   I N    T H E   G A M E   A R E   N O T   L O N G    E N O U G H   T O    G E T   A    B 2 9    I N    T H E    A I R.

In order for us to have B29's HTC would have to redo all the airfields .....on all the maps .....thats a big job!!...
Just for your information, I can make a 5 mile long runway that fits on the tiles in no time. Runways are not the issue.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Relorian

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.wtf.com
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2009, 05:34:23 PM »
A few people have said stuff about bombing at 20 - 30k up and how no one has the temperment for it.

Aside from my low level DB and porking raids, I usually find myself bombing from AT LEAST 20k. If the map has a good visibility I go higher. Most players dont have the temperment to take their fighters up there to stop you at 20 - 30k and the ones who do get my respect because they actually take the time, select the RIGHT plane and then commit to it (Aside from the random 163 pilots who just light the rocket, pull up and take potshots).

Hitting an enemy HQ or base from 30k is fun. They cant even see you at that height so the explosions just happen out of no where. Sure they get the flashing base but they dunno whats making it flash aside from something in the air that they cant see in the dar ring.

Offline weazely

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2009, 05:37:19 PM »
If we get the B-29 they also better give us the nook.

:)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.
Invidia V2 Catless Downpipe
STi Catback
HKS SQV BOV

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2009, 06:48:45 PM »
There was never a B-29 that could fly to 30k so 40k is out of the question. The director system for the guns was cutting edge technology that was never worked out until after the war. Magnesium fires in the engine nacelles would burn through wing spars and a loss of power on takeoff meant a dead crew seven out of ten times. That wouldnt matter in AH though because there are no random failures.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Odisseo

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2009, 06:36:53 AM »
We do need something to spend perks on. B-29, as you say, would be OK - just disable the formation checkbox if it's an issue.

Already posted my idea about it, single bomber (anyone) free, formation should be perked. Formation could be set from 1 to 5 bombers. Every drone you loose make you loose the perk you payed it.
Save Swiss Milk, drink Beer!

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2009, 08:37:53 AM »
I think the whole B-29 thing is a dead horse, anyway.  Besides, we have enough American bombers.

Bring on the Tu-4!

Hozzat?
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&