Author Topic: That frustrating CV world map in blue  (Read 996 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: That frustrating CV world map in blue
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 12:41:32 PM »
S!

that map, imho, is by far the best map of them all.  keep the cv for that port there and its almost impossible to capture.  although its almost as hard as explaining why you want to keep it there.  someone will come along and move the cv away.  no biggie.  so far, all the folks i've seen at these ports are having a blast.  its all in good fun.  dont change a thing.  btw....who wants to drive an lvt for 8 mins only to be blasted by jeff gordon and his super charged m8 just as he is about to go feet dry. not me.

S!

if this is the one i think it is, i like it, due to the incredible furballs that can/do happen between the cv's and bases.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 12:54:21 PM »
I might be wrong, but if you make note of the Port number and send an e-mail to Skuzzy ... he can probably adjust the distance that the CV can sit/spawn offshore ... thus preventing the land-spawn.

It could be that simple ...
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 01:13:29 PM »
Mostly all I did was furball last night. Well okay let me be honest, all I did was pick and dodge pickers. Was fairly successful though. Only got picked once and picked way more than that. Did get in one scrape with a 190a5 (I think) and we duked it out for a bit. But I had alt and it ain't worth bragging about. Frankly, if he had just a hair more experience I would have been owned.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2008, 04:24:21 PM »
Another intresting thread. THink I was the one that pmed BS. I think the tactic is chitty personally. But heres the flip side, got to do the same thing today. Never did b4, but hey, it seems fair in love and war. I have a counter to it now though, and i guess thats where it is, to counter the gameyness. At least people dont drop troops on fields.

As far as hiding the CV, Im mixed. I dont think thats a bad idea. Id rather see that cv protecting a field further in the rear, then just plane hiding it. But then again, thats why there are different ideas.

Cheers :salute
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2008, 06:04:38 PM »
easiest and simple way to stop hiding of CVs..........  After port is
captured. CV should respawn to port in 2 hours after capture. 
so Use it cause ur gona lose it !