Author Topic: logitech stick giving up on me, ch questions  (Read 1692 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: logitech stick giving up on me, ch questions
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 04:09:44 AM »
Since I have the CH throttle, I don't mess with the throttle wheel on the stick - doesn't even work right anyway on my stick.

CH throttle is set to control manifold pressure.  Use the throttle wheel on the stick for RPM.  You need to figure out where the center of travel is, calibrate, and return to center before finishing calibration for it to work properly.

The other two "trim" wheels are useless as far as I'm concerned.  If they aren't perfectly where they were when I calibrated the plane pulls which ever Way they are off.  I think they are purely mechanical and cannot be programed to anything but aileron and elevator adjustment.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 05:25:13 AM »
question about the thumbwheel bottom center of the base, the one with the indent in the middle. Can't seem to get it set to anything but the way it came which controls aeirlons. I thought it would be good to do trim with and the other one for elevator trim. What do any of you use them  for.

Some use it for head movement forward / back, side to side. Others use it for trim or to look around. I don't use it much but have it set to turn combat trim on/off, head movement forward / back for a closer look at planes w/o using zoom and to look side to side in f8 which circle scans my plane or bomber.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 09:44:52 AM »
on the diagram Dot provided is there anyway that I can fill in the blanks with my settings. What I did was save it and pasted it on word but cannot fill in the blanks. Thanks

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 09:58:42 AM »
on the diagram Dot provided is there anyway that I can fill in the blanks with my settings. What I did was save it and pasted it on word but cannot fill in the blanks. Thanks

You could try placing a text box with no borders over the blanks and typing in the commands.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 03:17:09 PM »

Saved as an image, open it with MSPaint, PaintShop Pro, or Photoshop and use the text tool to fill in the blanks.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 05:29:12 PM »
Yeah, load the pic in a paint program (I use Photoshop) and add the text there.  Or, go old-school and print it and write on it with pencil (in case you change your mind about a setting).

As far as the "trim wheels" on the base...they are for adjusting the joystick itself.  Set them at the center detent and DO NOT EVER change them again.  Calibrate in Windows and in AH with them centered and you should be golden.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 10:15:23 PM »
thanks for the help.

didn't even notice the wheel on the right side and it was not centered from the factory. lol

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 10:57:29 PM »
here is my current setup

the buttons on the bottom are what i have my old stick set to which I use in addition to the fighterstick.

except for the additional buttons the main difference I am seeing with the fighterstick is as noted the less spring tension and the additional throw with the fighterstick. The throw is  about twice what the old logitech had and I have found myself several times having to remember not to have my elbow so close to my side as the additional movement has caused interference with my love handles.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 12:02:42 AM by flatiron1 »