Author Topic: Need to do something, cause this sucks!  (Read 182 times)

Offline Greg 'wmutt' Cook

• Zinc Member
      • http://home.bak.rr.com/gcook/
Need to do something, cause this sucks!
« on: June 17, 2001, 08:49:00 PM »
Well, I don't know what the solution is, but something needs to be done.  Logg in this evening, and its 85 bish, 35 knights, and 34 Rooks.  I'm getting a little tired of it.  I have been Knight from the day I first logged on (at the end of Beta), and I've seen the numbers bounce around with each country having the advantage for a while and then it passes to someone else.  But Bish have had numbers for what, 3 months now?  What gives?
Of course they are going to roll over the other 2 countries in short order.
With perk points being given out for being logged on in the winning country ( a lot of perks too, more than most of us see in several missions, it seems natural that people are going to try to flock to the winning side.  This is true also with the fact that is is a lot funner to win. so I don't see the players fixing this on our own.

<Venting mode off>

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2001, 03:01:00 AM »
How about giving more perks for kills and for reset if you're in the "losing" country.

Ie. Bish have 80 players, knight have 40.
You see a bish Yak9 and you attack him in a 202. You kill him and thus you get 2 perk points. Since the bish have twice the number of players, the perk should be multiplied by 2 (twice as many players) and then that number (4) will be multiplied again if you land (it allready is). Would bring some people to the "losing" counrty.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline ET

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2001, 10:22:00 AM »
I would opt for a limit to how many times you can switch countries in 1 tour.Somewhere around 2 to 4 times.This would limit the switchers who go to winning country to get in on the perk points  and the easy vulching kills.I have noticed several times,when 1 country is close to winning,that their numbers increase dramatically.

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2001, 11:07:00 AM »
Really don't think perks matter.

ET has the best solution - limit the country hoppers.

Or at least, don't allow them to switch to the side with the most players.

Nexus

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2001, 05:25:00 PM »
I believe AH already limits people to country changes. It's kind of a pain but I think it helps people from switching sides all the time to go with the "winning" country to get perks or to always have the numbers in their favor.

Also, some squads arbitrarily rotate thru the countries which can sometimes inbalance them, especially if several of the large squads make a move to the same country like we've seen.

Just think of being outnumbered as having a target rich environment
   ;)

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: SpitLead ]

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: SpitLead ]

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2001, 05:36:00 PM »
Unless something has changed and HTC hasnt told us about it, you have to wait 12 hours before you can change countries again.  Also, unless you are in a country for 12 hours prior to the reset, you get no perkies at the reset.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2001, 10:06:00 AM »
Originally posted by SpitLead:
Just think of being outnumbered as having a target rich environment
    ;)

yeah, just shoot down 2 or 3 before the 4 (or 10!) on your 6 get you!   :rolleyes:

actually, one of my new pasttimes is to hop in a field gunner and see how many jabo planes I can knock down before they get me.  I find it more fun than trying to up in a plane from the field itself.  Of course lately, I've only been playing if other Mongrels are on.  <shrugs>
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2001, 10:18:00 AM »
Actually getting 1 in a 4 v 1 fight is doing darn good. If you get 2 or 3 wow!

Nexus

Offline Greg 'wmutt' Cook

• Zinc Member
      • http://home.bak.rr.com/gcook/
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2001, 12:45:00 AM »
Originally posted by sling322:
Unless something has changed and HTC hasnt told us about it, you have to wait 12 hours before you can change countries again.  Also, unless you are in a country for 12 hours prior to the reset, you get no perkies at the reset.

Which means that you don't change back after you've got the reset, and the numbers get even more imbalanced.
  I don't think the answer lies with limiting the time between changes.  This only keeps people where they are if the numbers are out of wack.  The only way I can see to make it a little better (except for us players fixing it, by balancing ourselves) is... umm, I can't think of anything but setting up an HA arena, that requires more strategic gameplay to overtake the enemy bases.

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2001, 07:05:00 PM »
'wmutt'

Since your post I've been online at least 3-4 times.  Each time the Bish have been outnumbered probably 2 to 1 in the main arena.  Once, I was even present when the Rooks won the war by getting the Bish down to a single base.  There is an ebb and flow of players.  Sides will not be equal all the time nor will one side ALWAYS have the advantage in numbers.  You just have to deal with it.

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2001, 01:30:00 PM »
Err all of you "numbers" whiners can bottle it and sell it.

The Knights just picked up 60 more players as of the 26th June.

Nexus

"What goes around comes around"

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2001, 12:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by DmdNexus:
Err all of you "numbers" whiners can bottle it and sell it.

The Knights just picked up 60 more players as of the 26th June.

Nexus

"What goes around comes around"

Hehe:

Last night (July 10th) the Rooks were down to 4 bases including our HQ. Hard pressed by Knigits and Bishits and no quarter was given, and apparently no thought was given to fighting each other. This seems to be a mania in AH. Its amazing to me that people whine about it with regularity. Its okay when another group is in the tank but not when your own country is  :)
If in that situation folks have a choice. Fight or leave em to it; they gangers will eventually have to fight each other.
What I have a hard time with is why a country is awarded bonus points for being the winning ganger.
Last night, I logged on, saw what the deal was, shot a few ground acks, got a kill and logged. I decided I wouldn't give a dweeb a chance to gang me nor, would I contribute to a dweebs individual score. My choice, my action; I can deal with it  :)