Author Topic: Direct x10? Should They?Or have they?  (Read 821 times)

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Re: Direct x10? Should They?Or have they?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 02:04:47 PM »
They make a version of directx10 for xp. I am not sure if it really is directx 10 but I installed it and in DXDIAG it says directx10
See Rule #6

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 02:18:00 PM »
Wow, never thought of myself as a rebel before. Kind of like the connotation after being an accountant for 20 years. "He's a man who rides on the edge of society! Ferociously controls his own destiny. Plays to no ones whims or succumbs to the travesty of the norm. He's a Windows XP user"!!

Darn, that last line about being a Windows xp user kind of kills my fantasy of being a bearded biker going down the lonesome highway.  :rofl :rofl

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 02:48:42 PM »
They make a version of directx10 for xp. I am not sure if it really is directx 10 but I installed it and in DXDIAG it says directx10

It's not, MS hasn't(and prolly won't for profit reasons) develop DX10 for XP. The best you will find are hacks which might give you some of the features of DX10 but it won't be like the real thing. Either way I'm content with 9.0c for the time being.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline 20mmrain

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 03:50:19 PM »
   Let me start off by saying thank you to all those who have chimed in you've been a really big help! Next to wingnut ... man I am thinking you smoke to much pot man! Why would I think I'm cool for having XP? Plus I never mentioned anything to that effect? As far as Windows Vista being the new Windows 7... That's not true from what I understand! I happen to know someone who is right now testing it out for Windows! That person tells me that there is more XP in windows 7 then there is Vista! He told me that several XP programs have worked and are working very well on 7! So that we should be hopeful that they will speed along the Process of bringing it out as soon as possible! So anyway that's good news. But I gotta run I'm at work just wanted to respond to some of these comments and say thanks:)
Spitfire's Are only Called Noob Planes By the People Who Can't Beat Them!!!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 04:08:35 PM »

It's not from Microsoft and is done by a group of guys under the name "Alky Project" and was only an alpha.  This project is also dead in the water as the developers stopped all development since May of last year. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song