Author Topic: i have film of cheating in h2h,how do i post it?  (Read 231 times)

Steely99

i have film of cheating in h2h,how do i post it?
« on: December 01, 2000, 08:10:00 PM »
help,have film of a tank at about 100ft above ground,on the move,i would like to post it but cannot figure out how,if anyone would like it mailed i can do that,neilrjohnson@globalfreeway.com.au,please help,i hate this kind of thing

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2000, 08:23:00 PM »
Before you start yelling wolf you should consider the possibility that the person you saw was using a different map than you.

AH will auto-download a terrain if it can't find the name of the map the host is using in your terrain folder.
If it DO find a map with the same name it won't download the map because it thinks the maps are then identical.

This situation might occure when a creator of a map host a beta version of his custom terrain to test it out, and you joined this and downloaded this version. A few days later he may have added some hills but not changed the name of the terrain. When you then join you will see him as driving in the air as you didn't have the new files.

Also the film viewer's way of storing data (in order to keep it just to a few MB) might somtime mess up what you saw during play and what is seen in the film. I have seen flying tanks before in films, which most positivly wasn't doing that when I played.

Well thats just two guesses, but I'll mail you for it and see if I can make out if it one of the above options or really cheating.

[This message has been edited by LLv34_Snefens (edited 12-01-2000).]
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Steely99

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2000, 08:27:00 PM »
thx sneffens,please do email me,i beleive all my maps r up to date,am playing every day,check the film,it is around the 3 quarter mark,i actually fly under him?.
If this is a map/bug problem,would i be able to do this?

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2000, 06:17:00 AM »
Sorry it took a while, I went to bed after my post.
Anyway, I can't open the film. AH crash when I press Play, but I'll put the file up if others want to download it.

flying tank
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2000, 06:35:00 AM »
My system locked up too.........something in the file?  Am not familiar with how these things work......

Steely99

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2000, 08:05:00 PM »
has anyone gotten the film to open,i can mail it as an ahf if u would like,i think i am right about this,but will stand corrected,i just need a couple of opinions  
<S> to all
Steel99

Hans

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2000, 08:47:00 PM »
You guys need the terrain Steely has in order to play the movie.

You cannot see the actors on stage without the stage for them to act on, you know.

Hans.

P.S.  Maybe we should go to the bug report forum and post these two things.  

1.  Different users with different terrains, but with the same name can be played in Head to Head.

2.  Trying to play a movie for a terrain you don't have crashes the game to the desktop.

[This message has been edited by Hans (edited 12-03-2000).]

TheWobble

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2000, 12:34:00 PM »
I got it to play just fine.. ya sit there for 10 min watching him death hump a bunch of folks in a nik, then as he flys over the VH there is a friggin panzer floating about 3k off the ground, on the first pass he hoses it and turns around, on the second he sprays it again and flies UNDER it.  werd toejam.

Steely99

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2000, 08:33:00 PM »
thanks wobble,glad to hear someone else was able to watch,how can i send/post the terrain that it was taken in,how can i tell which terrain it is,??
Thanks for the comments,wobble do u think i should send it to HT?
PPS do you think he was cheating?

TheWobble

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2000, 09:13:00 PM »
I think if he was on a different map, you wouldent be able to fly under him...? dunno, i think it was just a game hiccup.

Steely99

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2000, 09:20:00 PM »
yeah flying underneath would not be allowed by server i think,in fact i dont think server would let u in game unless all have same map,,,btw when i mentione that i was goung to post film the person concerned got quite pissed off and i would say a little worried,i am sure that if a hiccup was the case he would have been as surprised as i?
Ps our team had been trying to stop the vehicles for quite some time and we had no sucess,they didnt seem to take any damage,anyway,please let me know if u think i should send to HT?
Thanks for the comments all <S>