Author Topic: film help  (Read 437 times)

Offline dyna76

• Copper Member
film help
« on: February 02, 2009, 10:48:23 AM »
Ok gentleman, this question has probably been asked a million times, but i cant figure it out. How do I get one of my films from the aces high film viewer to play in my windows media player?

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
Re: film help
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 10:57:22 AM »
You can only view .ahf files in the AH film viewer, I guess you have that figured out.

The only way to make it play in WMP is through capturing film from within the AH film viewer using a program such as FRAPS for example. That is one way to make films, capturing with FRAPS from raw .ahf files in the film viewer then edit the film(s) in a film editing program. There are many different editors on the market, I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio. Windows Movie Maker is another such program which is free and easy to use.

It can take anywhere from 15 minutes to many many hours to make a film, depending on what software and effects you use. Final render of a 10-minute film takes me about 40 minutes or so and that's when all editing is finished and you decide you're finally done with it. The editing part can take just as long as you can stand working with it.

I hope that gave you some idea of how it works. :)

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 11:13:03 AM »
The only way to make it play in WMP is through capturing film from within the AH film viewer using a program such as FRAPS for example. That is one way to make films, capturing with FRAPS from raw .ahf files in the film viewer then edit the film(s) in a film editing program. There are many different editors on the market, I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio. Windows Movie Maker is another such program which is free and easy to use.

And this thread in the films & screenshots forum is a basic tutorial about how to make a movie with FRAPS and the Windows Movie Maker
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 11:18:05 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline doleboy

• Copper Member
      • mushrooms
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 11:38:48 AM »
In the viewer goto 'file' and 'save as avi' no need for any other software.
We shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 11:47:26 AM »
In the viewer goto 'file' and 'save as avi' no need for any other software.

The film viewer's export feature has a long history for not always working for everyone ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman