Author Topic: Strat system still VERY bad for strategic raids.  (Read 125 times)

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
Strat system still VERY bad for strategic raids.
« on: November 30, 2001, 07:29:00 PM »
With each update I am waiting for a good solution with that "how to use those trains, convoys, and resupply goons and still keep game playable" problem. Nothing. Strat is still extremely bad.

I really, really do not like all incarnations of strat system after 1.08. One good thing is towns which needs to be destroyed. All other things are terrible.

For example, today we had an extremely interesting strat mission, with lancs and spits IX for cover. Mannaged to kill both rooks city, down to 0%. Great! Great? No. When we upped next should-be-fun mission after rooks hq with b17s and usa fighters for cover, we found that city already up.

It was resupplied.

This is terrible. Absolutly terrible for strategic component of MA. Actually this component does not exist any more. Remind me the last time anyone killed hq. Remind me the last time anyone hit fuel factory to kill fuel on fields then.

Buffs are really tactical now, using them in deep raids is useless.

So, now time for suggestions:

1) Central city shall stay down long, and should not be resupplied at all. If it dead, it dead.

2) When central city is down to 0% NOTHING can be resupplied. Not fields, not town, not factories.

3) If city is up every full c47 decrease rebuild time on 15% only.  So every c47 drop is 1.5% of rebuild time. Every full train and convoy is 25%.

Vehicles shall 5% only, because they clearly can not bring as much as transport planes, trains, and convoys.

If city is dammaged this % smaller on the ammount on which it dammaged.

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2001, 11:13:00 AM »
Agreed Fariz.

I think the trains and convoys are a good idea and that HTC will refine their impact in the next release, I hope.

I consider 1.08 a transitional release to get things into the game and while it is frustrating to see stuff rebuild before the dust settles, I am looking to 1.09 to refine things a bit as well as add some long hoped for Bomber upgrades.

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2001, 12:05:00 PM »
I agree and like idea #3, also agree with the point about vehicle not carrying as much (hell I got to walk inside a c47 yesterday and I KNOW they carry a lot more than m3) so they should rebuild less.

Also one c47/m3 should not rebuild entire airfield.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2001, 11:39:00 PM »
Good points Fariz.I feel that resupply needs tweaking..
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2001, 06:09:00 AM »
Fix the strat please!!!! aint no fun for bomber pilots  :(
Joc

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2001, 09:20:00 AM »
Originally posted by Sunchaser:
I consider 1.08 a transitional release to get things into the game and while it is frustrating to see stuff rebuild before the dust settles, I am looking to 1.09 to refine things a bit as well as add some long hoped for Bomber upgrades.

i think they will fix resurply,'cos what would be the point in a bomber upgrade patch, if no one's going to fly 'em

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2001, 05:27:00 PM »
Cities and bases really need to rebuild much slower.  What is the point of knocking a city out if it only stays down for 15 min.  By the time I get back in a fresh bomber the darn thing is up again!  No strat at all in here.  I always thought that other flight sim that wont be mentioned had bad strat, but it was better than this.  You need to make those cities more important, and perhaps add more of them to dilute the effect if it is too much.