Author Topic: Thirsty Traveler  (Read 388 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Thirsty Traveler
« on: February 12, 2009, 04:06:03 AM »
I have thought for years that this guy has THEEE Job. Going to places all over the world tasting the finest and oddest beverages, eating the best that life has to offer. Then on one episode he says "For those who think I have the best job in the world" He then plops a grub worm in his mouth and eats it. You could tell he didn't want to at all.  :rofl :rofl :rofl.

In another episode he's in the Australian outback at an Aborigine winery. Now he didn't really comment on the wine but wow did he poor it down. You could tell he drank a wee too much.

This morning he was in Alaska trying their hearty beer. In one scene they brought out a mountain of boiled crabs, steamed in beer and butter. They ate fresh Salmon and black Cod, Grilled corn, and all covered with grilled mangos and of course the hearty beer. WOW!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
Re: Thirsty Traveler
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 10:04:35 AM »
http://www.fineliving.com/fine/thirsty_traveler/
For those of you tired of seeing Hitler's Bodyguard replays on the history channel, this link brings you to the thirsty traveler program schedule. :)  They include the recipes shown on each episode, which is kinda cool. 
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 10:07:19 AM »
you ever watch insomniac with dave attell?

similar concept but he just goes from bar to bar and does silly stuff in different cities, it was really funny, too bad its off the air... now THATTT is an awesome job
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 01:28:30 PM »
Man vs. Food is good too...

I can't believe he ate the 72oz. steak in 29 minutes :eek
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 01:47:14 PM »
Man vs. Food is good too...

I can't believe he ate the 72oz. steak in 29 minutes :eek

I watch that on occasion too. My Gawd a 72 oz steak. I don't think I could look at another steak after that. I hope Pita was watching hehe.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 02:18:57 PM »
I have thought for years that this guy has THEEE Job. Going to places all over the world tasting the finest and oddest beverages, eating the best that life has to offer. Then on one episode he says "For those who think I have the best job in the world" He then plops a grub worm in his mouth and eats it. You could tell he didn't want to at all.  :rofl :rofl :rofl.

In another episode he's in the Australian outback at an Aborigine winery. Now he didn't really comment on the wine but wow did he poor it down. You could tell he drank a wee too much.

This morning he was in Alaska trying their hearty beer. In one scene they brought out a mountain of boiled crabs, steamed in beer and butter. They ate fresh Salmon and black Cod, Grilled corn, and all covered with grilled mangos and of course the hearty beer. WOW!!

The man complains about eating one grub worm at work one day, but then it's wine in Australia and then on another he's in Alaska where "they brought out a mountain of boiled crabs, steamed in beer and butter. They ate fresh Salmon and black Cod, Grilled corn, and all covered with grilled mangos and of course the hearty beer."... he should eat that worm and LIKE IT!
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 02:45:28 PM »
The man complains about eating one grub worm at work one day, but then it's wine in Australia and then on another he's in Alaska where "they brought out a mountain of boiled crabs, steamed in beer and butter. They ate fresh Salmon and black Cod, Grilled corn, and all covered with grilled mangos and of course the hearty beer."... he should eat that worm and LIKE IT!

:rofl :rofl :rofl  :rofl Oh yeah, give me that grub worm and the rest of the job too.