Author Topic: Pilot Ranking: How does HtC decide who ranks where?  (Read 147 times)

Rojo

Pilot Ranking: How does HtC decide who ranks where?
« on: November 03, 1999, 01:05:00 PM »
Looking at the pilot ranking scores, I am completely baffled on how it is decided. Two versions ago, it seemed as if K/D was the only determining factor. Vert, for example was at the top with a K/D of 7, because he had seven kills without dying...and that was all he'd killed).  Others had way more kills, but also some deaths; thus they ranked further down.

Now, there is no obvious indicator of why some are on the top 100 list while others are not.  How is pilot ranking decided, please?

------------------
Rojo (S-2, The Buccaneers)

Offline delta

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 1999, 01:12:00 PM »
Hey Rojo (aka Saber)

Could it be a roll of the dice?

delta

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 1999, 01:47:00 PM »
Not positive on this but I believe it may be based on round-trip packet loss.  

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 1999, 04:28:00 PM »
There are 10 catagories scored. The overall rank is termined by your ranking in each of the 10 catagories.

HiTech

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 1999, 07:47:00 AM »
I think what ROJO is trying to say is this:

Rank KD KS KT HIT SCORE
  8) 2.0263 0.9506 0.0014 0.0000 9921.7110
285) 3.5102 1.1097 0.0014 0.0000 25120.9542

Rojo

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 1999, 08:15:00 AM »
Exactly, Blur!  Obviously there's some formula and weighting applied to the 10 factors HiTech mentions, but could we see some clarification on what those factors are, the weighting of each, and the formula applied?  Perhaps it could be posted right on the pilot rankings web page.  Otherwise, these ranks mean absolutely nothing to any of us.  Thanks.

------------------

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 1999, 08:25:00 AM »
There is no formula. The overal rank is based on you rank in each catigory. so if we had 10 players and only 4 catigories and your ranking in each catagory was 1,8,8,5 your overall rank would be (1+8+8+5) and then these are sorted by each player.

HiTech

Rojo

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 1999, 11:53:00 AM »
First off, I want to thank hitech for taking the time to answer. However, got to beat this almost dead horse just one more time (sorry  ).  What are the "ten catagories," and why bother having a button on the pilot rank page for selecting fighter or bomber ranks, since they're exactly the same.

My goal is to show up on the top-100 list (vanity is a terrible thing to waste  ). So I need to know where I'm falling down, because I ain't there yet.  Also, I really hope eventually the fighter and bomber rankings will be figured seperately.  Otherwise, I may never take a C-47 or bomber up again; it's a sure killer of my score (JABO missions being another).  Hope my persistance in this matter isn't wearing to thin on the HTC group's nerves.

------------------