Author Topic: Plea  (Read 416 times)

Offline opposum

• Probation
  • Nickel Member
Plea
« on: February 11, 2009, 10:21:48 PM »
I would like to make a plea instead of a wish this time, I respect the fact that we are about to get a terrain update but, can we please get some new ideas in the MA's?

Its the same boring old terrain and bases on all the maps, can we get some snow or tropical maps? or, if not that can you interpret some tropical terrain at or around ports and along the coast lines, and for the really tall mountains can they be snow capped?

what about desert maps? whats the point on having the the default skin on like the tigers and panzers set to desert if you can't take advantage of it?

can the bases get a little make over also?

Its the same old buildings now that we have had forever, can I ask why they can't be different? can't it get spiced up a little?

can we please get little streams and bridges to cross near spawn points?

my biggest thing I would like to see is streams and bridges, mabe even destroyable bridges at that,

In my eyes the terrain and its objects has gotten extremely stale because of it same use over and over and over and over everywhere! there is nothing different about the maps now,

I have seen the other maps that you can download off the web page, please interpret some of that work into the MA's! it is no fun flying around looking at the stuff offline when you can't experience combat with other people on it!

here are some of the pictures of what I am talking about:

doesn't any of these pictures look a good idea to be put in the MA's?
don't yall think the MA's terrain, geography, and its objects look sort of stale?

my TE crashes my computer every time I open it, I wish I could play with it, it seems fun, but if none of the terrain will be used in the MA's, I find it quite pointless to have... EDIT:(exept for the offline missions...)

EDIT:  what do you all think?

opposum

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 10:27:17 PM by opposum »
/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Plea
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 10:28:15 PM »
I would like to make a plea instead of a wish this time, I respect the fact that we are about to get a terrain update but, can we please get some new ideas in the MA's?

Well ... like you said, we are about to get a new terrain syste,, so let's wait until it's released and then I'll bet the "new ideas" will flow. I have a feeling that the new terrain and it's objects will put to shame the screenshots that you just posted.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline opposum

• Probation
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 07:37:00 AM »
yea it looks cool, the new land tiles look kind of like a satalite photo of somthing too, I can't wait either.

opposum

/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 07:44:56 AM »
The problem before was each section of terrain was made up of a tile. You have the farm house tile, the bush tile, the tree tile, the forest tile, and so on. All of these tile where put on the map in a random setup. So to have a tropical terrain you have to have all those tiles changed to tropicial, so you have now doubled the file size for your terrains. Now add a desert terrain, triple the size of the main download file size. Now if you add more detail to the files that also increases the file size. Seeing as this is a "Downloadable game" and NOT a box game, they try to keep the file sizes down.Bridges, streams, and rivers also have issues in the code that makes them act like what they are.

With the new system, it may be easier to switch out terrains, we will just have to wait and see.

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 02:38:27 PM »
I'd like to see bigger cities. more destrctible buildings bigger strats. I'd like to see the strats be more important than they are now. make them worth defending. all this along with what is stated above. the MA is boring. I'd like to see more ideas to make it more fun.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 03:05:37 PM »
Destroyable bridges (and rivers of course) and maybe a centralized supply depot that sends trains to the fields.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 04:14:27 PM »
Snow won't work all that well unless all the planes have camos to match. It's a little unfair otherwise.  Not that I wouldn't like a full winter map myself.

The maps definitely need something else than the same tiles on every single map.. It's unlikely HTC doesn't see that.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you