Author Topic: need help new ch fight stick  (Read 1284 times)

Offline slimmer

• Copper Member
need help new ch fight stick
« on: January 11, 2009, 10:19:11 PM »
i need help in axis scaling the y and x  :pray
Member: Hot Soup Mafia -chokin chickin noodle
 Army of Muppets

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: need help new ch fight stick
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 10:25:25 PM »

Offline slimmer

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 12:42:52 PM »
i dont know how to put it in my file
 Army of Muppets

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 02:36:54 PM »
There are also two posts in the thread with screenshots of scaling for pitch axis of a CH Fighterstick.  Try adjusting your pitch sliders to look like that.

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 08:38:09 PM »
I just got myself a new CH stick and I don't use any scaling at all.  Have you tried being a teeny bit more gentle with your pulls?  This thing has a huge throw and you don't have to pull it far at all really to get some movement.  Are you having problems with blacking out or are you just wanting to scale out of habit?  I know several of the guys in my squad don't use scales either, so it's not just me being a crazy person.  Try flying without it and see how well it works for you.

madda
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline slimmer

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 02:43:59 PM »
murdr ty it work good :aok :salute
 Army of Muppets

Offline Duster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 07:07:47 PM »
I don't know if it is scaling or maybe I just need a new stick.
Any suggestions on which one to buy would be appreciated.
I have an old wingman force feedback.

Offline awrabbit

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 09:24:36 PM »
CH is about the best I have ever owned. I just got my second full flight rig throttle, rudders and stick. because I own CH stuff for the Mac back in the day  and it would not work for the PC.  talk about a bummer !

Overall very user friendly :)

Best over all IMO.

A little bit of a stretch for people with smaller hands. I had to build mine up a little with some foam as it is a little bulky. makes it hard to use the Hat switch and the pinky switch. but this is easy to overcome.

I wish it had a little stiffer feel for X and Y. scaling can compensate for the floppy springs. ( were the old CH stick like this ? I cant remember... I will get my mac CH out and check this. ) I mention the springs just because it think that a little more positive pressure feels better for me taste.

Had the TM. worked on it all of the time. super nice feeling not very durable and expensive.
Have not tried any of the new TM stuff but it is still pretty expensive.

I still have a set of TM rudders.

I had a lot of hat switch failures and replaced the springs in it 3 or 4 times.  it got to the point that I would just keep spare parts in stock for repairs as needed. Mind you I am not a ham fist.

The Saitex x 36 and X 52 ( still have them both they are for sale BTW. both with throttles )I like the x36 best. I dont care for the twist type sticks. the Saitex throttles are pretty nice. I kind of like the one with the x 36 better than the CH.

Best bang for the buck I would say about the X 36 rig. I never liked the x52 and didnt use it very long. I went back to the x36.

Had the logitec wingman too way back in the day as well... I didnt care for it .
I tried few of the force feedback sticks too.. I liked them but to me they are not very practical and I remember feeling a bit limited with them in combat. Might be good for MSFS or something.

Pretty much I think the top three I mentioned above would be the better choices but the top two are a bit pricey.

Some  folks fly with a lot lesser equipment and do just fine.  I just like to  dump tons of cash into my hobbies I guess :)

Rabbit

Rabbit

Offline Duster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 09:35:19 PM »
Thank you awrabbit!
Now if I buy the Ch I can't blame the equipment!

Offline awrabbit

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 08:07:24 PM »
LOL and I still cant fly for Crap!!!

good luck with your new equipment.

Rabbit
Rabbit

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 07:43:38 AM »
Default here. :aok

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 04:02:55 PM »
There are also two posts in the thread with screenshots of scaling for pitch axis of a CH Fighterstick.  Try adjusting your pitch sliders to look like that.
(Image removed from quote.)
My scales must be way off :( I checked them last night night and they are all in a straight line from where the line is on the "80" line in your screenshot, also the deadband and damping are nearly both at the top, I use the X52. What will I get from changing this set up to the one that murdr has posted?
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 04:34:34 PM »
This is how I have mine set up:

gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!