Author Topic: Plane Updates And Updated Feature In Offline Practice.  (Read 522 times)

Offline StLouis

• Zinc Member
Plane Updates And Updated Feature In Offline Practice.
« on: March 11, 2009, 04:09:58 PM »
Hi, I was just wondering if you are or will be updating the planes that have poor detail in contrast to the new updated N1K, IL-2 and so on..
Planes I'm referring to are B26, A6m and such.

Also, maby a cool feature in the offline practice section would be more automated planes, but set on a random course, so they dont just fly in a circle above an airfield and at a consistand speed, although that is very good practice for finding out what convergence setting you like..

I guess you could consider this my wish.
Thank You.
“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.”  ― Mark Twain

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
Re: Plane Updates And Updated Feature In Offline Practice.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 04:28:45 PM »
There are offline missions that you can download that use AI pilots. For more information see the Offline Missions forum on these BB.

A few people have asked about this lately, so I'd like to tag on a wish to this thread, for HTC: please make the presence of offline missions more known, whether through a box on the front page of hitechcreations.com, or a new "Did you know" box that loads for arena loading.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 04:29:25 PM »
N1k has already been updated. Look around at the inside of the cockpit. (honestly, until I started reading here, I didn't even notice when planes were updated. I just flew.  :lol
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 06:41:49 PM »
N1k has already been updated.

And that's exactly what he said in the 1st place ;)

in contrast to the new updated N1K, IL-2 and so on..

I misread im the same way, noticed just before posting myself  :lol
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 06:45:48 PM »
lots of offline missions here Offline Missions in AHWiki

just follow the directions on that page and you will be on your way.

you can find them in offline practice by clicking on practice missions on your clipboard. Just make sure you have the right map loaded. The directions included with each mission on the wiki page will tell you which map to have loaded.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 06:47:51 PM by dkff49 »
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline StLouis

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 09:22:54 PM »
N1k has already been updated. Look around at the inside of the cockpit. (honestly, until I started reading here, I didn't even notice when planes were updated. I just flew.  :lol

You didnt even read it then... uhh..  :lol
“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.”  ― Mark Twain

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 10:35:55 PM »
You didnt even read it then... uhh..  :lol
If you send $49.99 a month im sure they might update the planes instead of putting in new planes, tanks, ships, maybe subs and etc.

-FYB
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 11:04:21 PM »
I like the part about the random flight about the Drones! :aok

There are offline missions that you can download that use AI pilots. For more information see the Offline Missions forum on these BB.

A few people have asked about this lately, so I'd like to tag on a wish to this thread, for HTC: please make the presence of offline missions more known, whether through a box on the front page of hitechcreations.com, or a new "Did you know" box that loads for arena loading.

Even though I like the offline missions, there not good for practicing just shooting, like deflection shooting. there more for maneuvers and getting position to shoot and unless you match up against 3 or 4 to one odds, and then again you find yourself in a constant and trying to get position. So I see his point about a random flight for the drones it would make it a more relaxed training session if you know what I mean.
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.â€

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 11:18:54 PM »
Even though I like the offline missions, there not good for practicing just shooting, like deflection shooting. there more for maneuvers and getting position to shoot and unless you match up against 3 or 4 to one odds, and then again you find yourself in a constant and trying to get position. So I see his point about a random flight for the drones it would make it a more relaxed training session if you know what I mean.

Yeah, I see what you mean. But I will say that the AI in those missions is very weak and it is very easy to gain the "perch" and practice high angle of attack passes with no threat to your aircraft. Go vertical on the merge; the AI never goes vertical with you. Seconds into the fight you'll already be safe with altitude advantage. For some reason the AI will always focus first on the lower threats (your AI wingmen who also never go vertical).

So it's the next best thing after speed/directional changing drones.

Offline StLouis

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 07:56:49 PM »
We need new planes if noones updating the old ones : )

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 06:36:45 AM »
yes but they are updating the old ones, as they give us new ones.