Author Topic: Fun with Bostons  (Read 958 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Fun with Bostons
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 01:11:27 PM »
Yesterday I saw wave after wave of Bish Lancs bail out, A1 LWO, after flinging their 1,000lb bombs from 2,000'. I guess they figure "why fly all the way back when you can bail and deliver twice the tonnage in the same time." :huh

Its good to know "some folks" are still flying the bombers the way they were meant to be flown. :salute
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 02:37:06 PM »
It should be simple, if someone hits enter enter enter enter enter enter enter enter enter, have the game call them a looser, and auto kick them.
"886476's a moronic bomb & bailer, he will be kicked for his transgressions!" :rock

But no, we will have to watch it happen for the next eight years.

About the boston, i hear the A20G is some 20-30mph faster at all alts than the bostons, has more fuel & better guns, not to mention holds the bomb load that 2 bostons can.

Regardless,dang nice story,! :salute
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 03:19:59 PM »

Hope you enjoyed the story.  Go Bostons!

Did somebody say Bostons?  Have I got a deal for you!!  Upcoming scenario needs some Boston drivers in the 12th Squadron SAAF.  PM me and I'll save you a spot, or go register at http://ahevents.org/scenario-related/scenarios.html

Only 9 slots available.  Reserve your spot now!!

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Erkel

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 09:04:09 PM »
If Chuck Norris had been in that Typhie...
What if the Hokey Pokey's REALLY what it's all about...

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 10:24:40 PM »
Good Mission - thanks for the tale.
Nothing better than the combination of planning the mission, hitting the target to your expectations, outwitting the "buff hunters" and bringing all your virtual crew home.
It also saves a lot of virtual letter writing to all the crew's virtual relatives trying to explain that because you took a flight of lancs in at 5K through a furball you got shot down.
I hope you weighed up the virtual lives you took smashing the virtual city to the effort of winning the virtual war.
Bomber missions, after all, are the thinking mans domain.
Suspension of disbelief rules - if it doesn't crank up HALO.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU