Author Topic: M4A3 Sherman rocket launcher  (Read 660 times)

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
M4A3 Sherman rocket launcher
« on: July 17, 2010, 08:28:12 AM »
Any real trick to aiming the rockets when you select that option for the Sherman ?
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: M4A3 Sherman rocket launcher
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 11:17:39 AM »
Nope. 

For me, it is a trial and error, or rather fire one rocket and adjust.  I only use it when I'm almost in town or rushing a field to grab OBJ or hangers, etc.  I've seen guys sit on top of hills from a loooooong ways out and rain in rockets onto their target, but that technique I would imagine takes a bit of time due to the constant shifting of the sight and positioning of the tubes.

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline KG45

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 04:50:27 AM »
no trick as far as i can tell. get to within about 1.5 k, raise gun to where targets (town bldgs etc) are just at bottom of site, fire off a round and see where it falls. when you hit something, let em fly and sweep left and right. it can wipe out large parts of town. then get in gun and let HE fly, too.
all you fascists, you're bound to lose...

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 05:55:57 AM »
Nope. 

For me, it is a trial and error, or rather fire one rocket and adjust.  I only use it when I'm almost in town or rushing a field to grab OBJ or hangers, etc.  I've seen guys sit on top of hills from a loooooong ways out and rain in rockets onto their target, but that technique I would imagine takes a bit of time due to the constant shifting of the sight and positioning of the tubes.

if its in the gunsight, its in range...sitting on a hilltop increases distance and improves visibility. easy use and easy kills on buildings and objects.
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 03:14:39 PM »
Trick is to get close. As the range increases, so does the ammount by which the aim point changes as rockets in barrels further right are fired.

Also, once you elevate the gun/launcher past a certian point, it takes less and less movment to hit targets further away (I always overshoot a few round because I over estimate the drop of the rockets).
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th