Author Topic: If you need a place to stay in Miami...try The Blue  (Read 246 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
If you need a place to stay in Miami...try The Blue
« on: March 27, 2009, 05:19:01 PM »
The family and I checked into this place last night:

http://www.theblue.com/

I didn't really know what to expect, the wife found it while looking for a place to stay for a couple of days before we go on a cruise.  As we drove to the hotel my hopes sort of dwindled.  The area just didn't seem like it was right for a hotel, but once we arrived my opinion changed completely.

We got into the room and I immediately thought the room was tiny.  But I had turned right, into the bedroom.  My son called out for me to come and see the rest of the room and he sounded like he was 100 yards away.  Then I realised that the bedroom was only a small part of the whole room we booked.  This place has an immense living room a full kitchen and two bathrooms.  The master bathroom has a nice flat screen tv in it and there is a jacuzzi tub as well as a huge separate shower.  The guest bathroom is only short the TV.

I've stayed in rooms in London which were smaller than these bathrooms.

If you don't need to be downtown, which we don't and rented a car to go do our excurions in, this place is amazing.  Our room overlooks the golf course and has a good sized balcony.  The flat screen tv in the living room is a 50 inch job and there is a 42 inch one in te bedroom.

It is so nice that instead of staying at a hotel near the airport after the cruise we are going to stay here again.

The staff are awesome, the pool is awesome and the price, at least right now, is phenominal.

Highly recommended.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Re: If you need a place to stay in Miami...try The Blue
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 06:23:31 AM »
See....if you'd posted pics of the place, including the beach with some babes on it, then your threads might get more views ;).

Offline Gaidin

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 07:48:33 AM »
Whats the range on the price??
Death is but a doorway to life, only those who fear life fear its opening.

Ingame: 68Gaidin

Proud Member of the CM Team
FSO - Admin

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 09:10:02 AM »
See....if you'd posted pics of the place, including the beach with some babes on it, then your threads might get more views ;).

hehe

Hey Swoop.

I posted the link at least....I didn't bring the cable to d/l pics so I can't pots my own atm.  There isn't any beach around the hotel, just the golf course.  Believe me you don't want to see pics of some of these golfers.  :)

Now...the girl at the spa...THAT is a different story.  She is a Latina girl who is exceptionally beautiful, but she just works the desk unfortunately.  Probably just as well, there might be awkward moments if she gave the massages.  ;)

Gaidin...the prices are different from day to day it seems.  We booked ours onliine through one of the travel sites for the three nights and for $179 we got the deluxe one bedroom suite for that price.  When we enquired about the cost of the same room on our way back the hotel quoted us $240.  My wife went online and booked it for $199 night on hotels.com.

But, if you tried to stay in a comparable room downtown or near the beach it is bound to be over $400/night.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain