Author Topic: DA Fighter Town is a Fun MA Furball Tuneup  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Re: DA Fighter Town is a Fun MA Furball Tuneup
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2009, 07:08:19 PM »
 :lol
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2009, 07:48:49 PM »
Dude what are you smoking?  Can you just not help yourself? 

Let's try this again.. See if you can spin this:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/Game_Play

Or do this:  Take a red pen.  Put a checkmark in either column to the right that best corresponds to the items on the left.
This vvv            Favors >>>:      Longer playtime      Shorter playtime
Extremely timid BnZ
Excessive numerical advantage
Clearing friendlies' 12

What do you think is the corelation between playtime, and fun and learning for all involved?  Where do you think this puts the kills-oriented, instead of fight-oriented, gameplay you find in the DA lake?   How do you think this applies to situations such as friendlies piling up on a single con that's already engaged, while more unengaged cons are just a couple of minutes away?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2009, 09:29:09 PM »
Moot,

When did this stop being a game and become a personal Arthurian quest for you? You do know we all go to work in the morning and there is no chalis waiting for you after winning x number of personal combats? You simply age like the rest of us, and none of us gets out of this life alive. I'm having fun with the pigs. You look and sound like you are working over time defending camalot. Even camalot was a made up story to entertain the masses in its day just like this game is today.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2009, 10:01:03 PM »
That's probably your problem right there. The only quest I'm on is for the truth. I can't help but argue.  Ridiculously preposterous arguments are the chump change I chew on while the true hard and important problems (homework, private hobby/research) get worked out in the background.  You should try it, it works great.

Let's take what's left of your last post after you consider what I wrote above:
It's not an arthurian quest. 

It is a quest of sorts but I don't take it seriously, other than the challenge in either staying sharp in ACM SA etc, and working out new ones to then stay sharp on.  I suppose it's a similar dynamic with written arguments on the forum.  It's not personal if I slice and dice your posts when I see they're erroneous, no more than when I pwn someone in the game's virtual sky.

I just wrote what specifically is my personal satisfaction from success in the game. But I do have a competitive nature but it's mostly self-sustained.  I don't thrive in seeing other people less well off than they could be.  It's certainly why I enjoy helping my opponents be at their best; which isn't what you would be (if you so choose to be opponent) if I didn't set you straight on a couple of matters, this one being one of em.

I frankly don't give a rat's bellybutton if you have fun or not with the pigs, if you're with the pigs, who the pigs are or what they do in their pen, or anything else piggish. I only care about digesting things and pooping them out successfully. So far I'm having no trouble except your complaint that your input doesn't come out unchallenged after my digestion. You just don't seem to get it.  I don't take offense at that either.  I simply assess it as inability to concede plain sense.

In your last sentence you explicitely admit the premise to the point I developped. This is a game.  It's meant to be played.  Its purpose is to offer the player as much freedom in his actions as possible so as to maximize the potential for gameplay.  My interest is to have playmates who partake to the fullest in this judiciously named "gameplay", and seeing no downsides to enriching their gameplay toolboxes, I champion the cause of richer gameplay. What goes around comes around: Their improvements are my improved adversity and worthwhileness in playing this damn game I get such a kick out of even after 10 years. Fortunately enough I'm not the only one who's been in the same warbird-infatuation boat for a decade+.

Now.  Do answer the questions in my previous post.  Connect the dots.
And stop wasting your time trying to convince anyone that I'm doing all this to gain some kind of cred.. Cred is meaningless on this forum. Barely anything I do is conducive to cred, so your argument doesn't even have legs to stand on. I ask for no credit or recognition than whatever people deem I deserve.. because I have no use for it.. because I think it's beside the point.. because this is all around a game.  The only meaning to this game, is to play the game.  Not just to land kills or take bases that're as ephemerous as sand castles.  The fight is the victory.  The path is the destination.  Yes I'm drunk, but who the f cares - all that matters is the truth. Prove what I said wrong.

There I've shot my load.  Next!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 10:03:29 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2009, 10:08:39 PM »
Moot,

When did this stop being a game and become a personal Arthurian quest for you? You do know we all go to work in the morning and there is no chalis waiting for you after winning x number of personal combats? You simply age like the rest of us, and none of us gets out of this life alive. I'm having fun with the pigs. You look and sound like you are working over time defending camalot. Even camalot was a made up story to entertain the masses in its day just like this game is today.

+1  content
 :aok

-0.5 spelling

but....

+10 for introducing an analogy that contains a chalice!!!

well played sir! :rock
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2009, 10:22:48 PM »
You simply age like the rest of us, and none of us gets out of this life alive.
:rofl

I'm going out alive. You can die like the rest.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2009, 10:38:38 PM »
Moot,

Did any of us PEON's ask you to tell us what you think is wrong with us and how we play this game?

Your posts are maudlin, with no real point beyond that.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve