Author Topic: Going to MEPS  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Re: Going to MEPS
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2009, 11:54:10 AM »
lol penicillin aint nothing compared to the anthrax shot, that sucker hurts and you to get it 1 a year after the first year and like 4 times during the first year

its a 6 series shot, the once a year is the booster. 
You should make sure you they enter that shot information or you will get them again.  I ended up getting 2 more than I needed since they failed to enter the shot data. 
I havvennt haad annnee ciidde eeffectss frooom thhee shhotts aas ffaar aas II Cann taaill...   :D

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2009, 03:40:34 PM »
Best was the lady giving the TB skin test. She was real nice, "if you squirt this back out at me.  I will do it again and make it hurt this time."  Hell she wasn't that gentle the first time.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 04:35:12 PM »
Will there be an additional hearing test at basic?  Just wondering, that is if I pass this one.

Arian

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2009, 06:50:10 PM »
Just get really drunk the night before, take a handful of crunchy peanut butter and swipe between the cheeks of yer arse, when the Dr.'s ask you anything say "Huh?"

You'll look like chit, smell like watermelon and they won't care.....yer our boy!

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2009, 07:01:03 PM »
Will there be an additional hearing test at basic?  Just wondering, that is if I pass this one.

Arian

You may or may not get a follow on exam while in basic, the one that you will take at the MEPS will be your baseline and used for comparison through your next few exams over the years ahead.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 07:47:38 PM »
thanks dadsgun,  I am really hoping to pass this first hearing test. with at least 2- barely 3 for the phules in hearing

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 06:57:28 AM »
If your under 21,- dont go to the local liquer store to have a cat buy ya some booze before ya ship out..........He got my 20.00 back in 1980.....july 6th...6:36 PM.......USMC next day. "Welcome to the  big city country boy" were  my thoughts......but I was 17 and knew most  evrything.....i thought.
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 09:59:35 AM »
They give you a breathalyzer before you start on anything.  Also hope you don't mind peeing while someone watches you.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 04:43:30 PM »
I think that I will bomb out in the 5khz range,  dont know if that is going to help me any.  It probably will get me Disqualified.

Offline Cypher

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 10:25:29 PM »
I have to get a copy of a docters report from when i was ten. freakin mole. After i get a hold of that i will swear in.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2009, 09:40:26 AM »
thanks dadsgun,  I am really hoping to pass this first hearing test. with at least 2- barely 3 for the phules in hearing

Good luck, keep it quiet for the few days prior and wear some plugs.  You should do fine.  Let me know how you did.

I can remember when I flew into Chicago, got on that bus to Great Lakes, pulled up to the Processing building and the driver just had to say it with a chuckle, "Last chance boys, your life changes after you get off this bus, stay on the bus if you change your mind", about that time the door opened and the DI boarded the bus, stood straight and proper and said "Welcome to RTC Great Lakes, I am DI so and so, You will only respond with No Sir, or Yes Sir, when I say, you will step off this bus and you will stand on the corresponding markings, Do you understand!,,, yes sir,,, I cant hear you,,, YES SIR! NOW GET OFF THIS ^%^&*ING BUS, MOVE MOVE MOVE.....  and it was on, your life was now being dictated by your someone else. 

Dont be discouraged, you will learn many lessons from your experience.  Enjoy it for what it is, and learn the lessons to be learned, your life and your buddies life will depend on it.

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2009, 04:26:14 PM »
My recruiter bumped my meps dat up to monday and tuesday of next week.   He told me that another guy wanted to go, but could not get today and tomorrow off.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2009, 05:24:53 PM »
Good, that gives you plenty of time to be ready. 

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2009, 10:36:57 AM »
This sucks,   I was all set to go today, but when I called my recruiter up to find out what documents that I needed to take.   He told me that I could not go, because MEPS in AL had to send something to the MEPS in pittsburgh.   This really sucks, because I took the day off from work and tomorrow off too so I will be losing money on my paycheck.

Arian

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2009, 10:51:24 AM »
This sucks,   I was all set to go today, but when I called my recruiter up to find out what documents that I needed to take.   He told me that I could not go, because MEPS in AL had to send something to the MEPS in pittsburgh.   This really sucks, because I took the day off from work and tomorrow off too so I will be losing money on my paycheck.

Arian

Get used to it, the military if full of the "Hurry up and wait" mentality.  Call up your work and see if you can go in.