Author Topic: Puffy Ack ( Mannable )  (Read 1132 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: Puffy Ack ( Mannable )
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2009, 12:49:11 PM »
agree with dantoo - manned 5" are already essentially just for griefing, add them to bases and you'll extend that griefing to land as well as sea. if you want to defend a base, up from the next one over in a fighter, bomb the enemies field, or if you've completely given up on trying the challenging stuff up a wirble.

the ridiculously overmodelled puffy falls under the same category as weapon jams and random engine failure - does nothing to improve combat, just causes irritation. if I get killed by another aircraft or gv I can learn from it and improve my chances next time. the only lesson from being killed by the current puffy is: dont go within 10 miles of puffy.

I'll also add that proxy-fused puffy has no place in EW, MW or most of the scenarios and special events. I guarantee that realistically modelled time-fused puffy, properly modelled would never be manned.

its the one aspect of this game which really annoys me from a gameplay POV, its like adding AIM9s to our current setup in the sense that the modelled acquisition and tracking is tech from the 50s/60s at the very earliest, and has no place in a WWII game/sim.

btw if it was modelled correctly I'd actually like to see alot more ack.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 12:53:05 PM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Puffy Ack ( Mannable )
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2009, 01:23:55 PM »
That would be interesting, seeing timed-fuzed AAA in the EW and MW arenas, while the LW retains the prox fuses. This WOULD be more historical.

Although then we'd also need a Yorktown or Lexington-class carrier for the EWA's task groups in place of the Essex we have.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.