Author Topic: I was shot down by ROCKETS!!!  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Re: I was shot down by ROCKETS!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 10:43:01 PM »
I once killed 999000's entire formation of B-17's with rockets fired from a P-38L. I don't think I've ever killed more than one of his planes at a time since, and I don't think my k/d ratio against him is even positive. But that one time was incredible. I think he laughed more and harder than I did.

I think I rolled in to a dead on pass, and at 1.5K I popped the nose up just enough to lose sight of him, and rippled off all ten rockets. I rolled out and dove away, looking back in time to see all three planes explode into a single fireball.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: I was shot down by ROCKETS!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 04:29:59 AM »
Ah. Yeah Larry told me they explode @ about 1.5K

if you want to learn rockets, see larry or most anyone in JG54, we have that down to a science!  :) larry consistantly kills b17's, 24, or lancs with those things, if he can catch them.

Its very easy to do in the Me110G. Nine time out of ten I can get the whole formation and not even get into range of most gunners. I only use them in the 110 since it can carry four of them and there is no need for a special gunsite. One or two sorties in the TA is all it takes to learn how to use 'em.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/24/1013733/110rocket.zip
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner