Author Topic: Nose Bounce  (Read 748 times)

Offline RedMizt

• Zinc Member
Nose Bounce
« on: May 17, 2009, 06:15:54 PM »
Having major issues with nose bounce, I have tried dampening and dead zone, nothing works, seems like regardless of the aircraft, unless I am going 350+, all I get are pings because of nose bounce, too many assists, not enough kills, any suggestions?

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Re: Nose Bounce
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 06:21:29 PM »
Could it be the operator?  Sometimes I find myself getting over anxious for the kill and I get really hamfisted with the controls and the nose of me plane goes all over the place and I have trouble landing shots.  I really have to work at keeping myself calm and the control inputs smooth and coordinated sometimes.  Only reason I bring it up is it took me awhile to realize that some of the problems I was having weren't the part of the hardware or game mechanics but actually how I was playing. 
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 06:24:36 PM »
I had that, turned out it was the stick.  In flight, check Options, Map Controllers, and check if the values are fluctuating for your rudders, etc.   I had to get a new stick because my twisty X52 rudder wouldn't stop spiking.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 06:49:29 AM »
A lot can depend on what stick you have.
Some of it depends on where you have your scaling set.
General rule of thumb, raise sliders to remove bounce, lower sliders to lower sensitivity.

Last, the hand on the stick makes a difference also. An old wise hand will fly much smoother, won't use any more control than what is needed. Will be visibly smoother, with no jerks.

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »
Trim for the win.

Infidelz

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 12:03:25 AM »
Having major issues with nose bounce, I have tried dampening and dead zone, nothing works, seems like regardless of the aircraft, unless I am going 350+, all I get are pings because of nose bounce, too many assists, not enough kills, any suggestions?

film would help.  Pick one aircraft and fly it and only it for two tours.  Reset everything to it's original defaults.  film every engagement.  Make sure you have tracers on.  Than watch your films.  Set your convergence 400, for all guns.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes